Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2005, 11:41 PM

Default wtf can you do against this??cut loose on me&meet NIGHTMARE!!!

playing 1/3nl w/200max last night.. all hands involve this one player.. known to me from this point forward as NIGHTMARE...

HAND 1:

i have pocket Aces on the button, limping all the way around.. i raise to 20, 3 people call... about $70 pot to flop..

flop: K,Q,5
checks around to me.. i bet $50 only one caller.. NIGHTMARE

turn: J

he checks, i check..

river is a rag, he leads with $100, i call.. he shows 9,10o

HAND 2

I have A,Ko in late postion, limping all the way around, i raise it $20 and get 2 callers: nightmare and sb

Flop: A,Q,3

Checked to me, i bet $50, nightmare is only caller

Turn: 4

he leads with $100

i take a while, but fold.. later he says to guy at his end of the table he had A,3

nightmare is an old man that was talking his head off when in the last hand when he hit the straight, and was yapping his head off in this one also... noticing in other hands that he folds or loses, he very quiet...

HAND 3:

I'm on button with A,5 suited. Few people limp around to me.. i make it $15 to go.. SB call, Nightmare calls.

Flop: A,K,7 rainbow... checked around... my thought was to check, figure my Ace is "probably" good, but hoping for a nice turn... maybe a 2nd diamond to give me flush draw or 2 pair..

Turn: 5
I loved this card... two pair and flop checked around..
SB leads out with $40, nightmare calls, i go all in for $150, SB calls and is all in and NIGHTMARE calls also..

River: some rag...

SB has two pair, K,5... i have two pair A,5... Nightmare has two pair A,K

the saga continues..

HAND 4:

about 2 hours later, i have pocket Aces again utg+1... $4 in pot.. i make it $25 to go.. folds to BB, which is nightmare... HE CALLS... at this point i would have been thrilled with the $4 in the pot..

Flop: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

it's a $51 pot, he checks i go all in for $192... he debates for a while.. shows his cards to everyone at his end of table.. and calls...

Turn: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
River: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

he shows me A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

not only did he make his flush.. made str8 flush..

calling $192 flop bet into a $51 pot.. on a flush draw..

ok.. there it is..

EDUCATE ME.. obviously i suck.
Old 01-15-2005, 11:49 PM

Default Re: wtf can you do against this??cut loose on me&meet NIGHTMARE!!!

jackass