Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2005, 09:31 PM

Default Wrong fold?

Hello.

I guess I played this weak. Any idea how to play it better? Would be nice. It was my first at this table.

--
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: (4.33 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (4.16 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, Button folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.16 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
No showdown. UTG wins 7.16 BB. </font>
Old 01-15-2005, 09:39 PM

Default Re: Wrong fold?

well without stating that my opinion is correct here I think the fold is ok im guessing since it is low limit a lot of players here would call with hands like K9s KTs ATs TT so either he was slowplaying from flop with AT or he hit his gutshot or two pair on turn... but if you want more replys in the future I suggest that you dont write the answer you should ask what to do on turn? instead of writing that you fold.. keeps people guessing and making speculations of what is right and wrong and what you did.
Old 01-15-2005, 10:27 PM

I've thought about this from every angle: Good Fold.

You have 4 outs to fill up (10.5:1 odds), but only getting 8:1 money odds. If you add implied odds of even 2 BB's you're *just* breaking even.

Even when we consider the possibility of the four 10's to a potential chop (which would be split two, maybe three ways), that doesn't give you any +EV because someone could very likely have an ace for the nut straight. Also, the 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] could give someone a flush. (This is "Reverse Implied Odds").

AT BEST, it's about neutal expected value to call - but VERY likely, it's less.

By the way, with 3 others calling that flop, and 3 still left to act behind you on that turn, you may have considered checking to see how the action developed behind you.

Adam
Old 01-15-2005, 10:44 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
Even when we consider the possibility of the four 10's to a potential chop (which would be split two, maybe three ways), that doesn't give you any +EV because someone could very likely have an ace for the nut straight. Also, the 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] could give someone a flush. (This is "Reverse Implied Odds").

[/ QUOTE ]

it's headsup when it's on him. he's got 3 tens to an almost certain chop. only AT has him drawing dead
Old 01-15-2005, 10:48 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

you're getting 4-1 effective odds. that means you need to be good 20% of the time. you'll fill up 4/46 or about 9% of the time, plus implied odds. you'll river a chop about 5% of the time, so that's another 2.5%. so you're going to win 11.5% via the river. that means you have to be good another 8.5% of the time. are you good 1 in 12? apparently 3/6 has tightened up a lot, so I'm not sure whether you're best 1 in 12 against a typical PP 3/6 player. he could also have a set or a better 2 pair. I think it's probably a good fold
Old 01-15-2005, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it's headsup when it's on him. he's got 3 tens to an almost certain chop. only AT has him drawing to only 4 outs

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, forgot about the Head's Up part.

But still, as you described below, I'm having trouble finding the odds to make this a +EV call.

Adam