Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2005, 05:44 PM

Default A2s against a raise-reraise PF, or, what did I get myself into?

Any comments would be helpful, even if you just want to let me know how much my hand play sucked [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

With the execption of one other player, table was near maniac level (table VPIP around 45%) and very aggressive postflop. Does that make my call PF okay?

My check-call on the flop was to keep bets coming in. Bad play?

On the turn, how worried should I be about trip J's? Was I too aggressive here? MP3 was a maniac (62.5%vpip, 12.5 PFR, 4.3 aggression -- 48 hands).

On the river, how concerned should I still be about a J out there? If there was a re-raise, should I call or raise again?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (19 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (12 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, SB calls.

River: (27 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 31 BB
Old 01-15-2005, 05:59 PM

Default Re: A2s against a raise-reraise PF, or, what did I get myself into?

Playing that UTG is a mistake. Cold calling two more is another mistake.
Old 01-15-2005, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Playing that UTG is a mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. It's tricky postflop though, but I feel quite strongly that it's +EV. And a pf play that is both +EV and in most opponents eyes add deception is good.

[ QUOTE ]
Cold calling two more is another mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right.
Old 01-15-2005, 06:40 PM

The times when you can play Axs UTG is at a table that is very loose and passive. This is because you want a lot of opponents and you want to see the flop for one bet.

Here there is a strong chance that it will get raised because of the high agression level of the table. Add in how hard it is to play this hand postflop out of position against maniacs and I'm fairly certain it makes A2s UTG -EV.
Old 01-15-2005, 06:48 PM

I whiffed my reading skills. Rubeskies is correct.