Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2005, 04:27 PM

Default TT in BB many limpers, a quandary...

5-10 @ UB. Your in the BB with TT and 6 people have limped in from various positions on a full table. Its back to you what do you think of making it, let's say, 200 to go and stealing the blinds. Or, would you be too worried that someone got cute with a bigger pair in early position hoping it would get popped later so they could re-reaise. The table is fairly tight-mediocre aggressive. If they have a hand they GENERALLY raise with it, but check-raising pre-flop is not out of the question for this table. If no, then what hand(s) would you raise it with outside of AA, KK and why.
Old 01-14-2005, 07:01 PM

Default Re: TT in BB many limpers, a quandary...

I would say go for the steal, depending on the stack sizes. Anyone who calls defines there hand and you'll almost assuredly get it heads up, if you get called at all. This is a good play depending on your image as well. Are you known as a solid player ? I would have to respect your out of pos. raise. I read this as saying "I have a hand and if you're gonna come from behind you're gonna pay". You can't be afraid of a Big Pair Limper everytime you're out of pos. with middle pair. All things considered, I make the play you suggest.
Old 01-14-2005, 07:12 PM

I would raise it here with absolute garbage or AA / KK... all other hands I like to see a flop with - especially one where you can bust someone getting cute with an overpair for free if you hit your hand.
Old 01-14-2005, 07:14 PM

Yeah I dont really like doing this with TT/JJ because if you get called you are usually gonna be in a really tough spot on the flop.
Old 01-14-2005, 07:26 PM

Limp reraising is not all that common, and the players who may be capable of it should be apparent to you in your game.

So, for me, I'm blasting with TT here - I probably check with 99, but TT is too good to just check - $200 sounds good. How often is it not going to be the best hand here? Fire away.
Old 01-14-2005, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So, for me, I'm blasting with TT here - I probably check with 99, but TT is too good to just check - $200 sounds good.

[/ QUOTE ]

you do realize that you might as well turn you cards face up at this point. unless of course you normally make it 200 with AA-KK.

raising TT out of the blinds is okay with a limper or two, but this just seems silly.
just take a flop.

I would do the same with JJ and even QQ if the table was at all tough.
Old 01-14-2005, 07:57 PM

OK, not me.

I'll do it with 87s sometimes too.