Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2005, 05:39 AM

Default New 2+2 book titles...(heh)

Mason has personally advised me of the pending release of the following titles. I've included excerpts to prove their authenticity.

"Understanding Pattern Maps" by Michael Davis

EXCERPT: "...after several months of failure, I realized the v(3) algorythm was falling significantly short of expectations due to x-axis variants against the norm. Accordingly, I made a small adjustment to the poly-rythmic vibration to discover that in fact, Party had modified their RNG and was actively attempting to thwart my efforts."

"How I Won 22,000 Beers" by Ed Miller

EXCERPT: "When I was 5, I won a quarter from my Dad playing Candy Land. I saved that quarter and put it into a savings account my Grandmother opened for me when I was 6. When I was 18, it had grown to to $1.09, which I withdrew and bought a lottery ticket. The lottery ticket won for $50 and I used that money to buy a case of Budweiser, three bottles of Jack Daniels. Once I was drunk, that was cool! I LOVE CANDY LAND!"

"Successful Doubling Strategy at the Final Table" by Bill Robertie

EXCERPT: "...The next time you're raised before the flop, try this ultra-advanced play: Reach slowly behind your chips, grab your hidden doubling cube and place it deliberately on the table in the direction of the raiser with the "4" face upwards. State simply "I double". Often times, this will cause your opponent to fold, while not actually putting any chips in jepordy."

"The Theory of Religion" by David Sklansky (subtitled "I went to MIT, so F__K You")

EXCERPT: "You're sitting down with Jesus, Mohammed, Buddah and an MIT grad and are playing no-limit duece-to-seven triple draw lowball with a $25 ante. You're under the gun and are dealt a pat 7-5-4-3-2 and make it $200 to go. Jesus says "go to Hell" and folds, Mohammed says "bring on the virgins" and shoots himself in the forehead (effectively folding), Buddah smooth-calls but the MIT grad raises to $3786. What's your play in this spot? Though it may seem counter-intuitive, the correct play is to fold. Let's face it - your chances are simply not that good."

NOTE: All the above delivered with love and respect.
Old 01-14-2005, 06:06 AM

Default Re: New 2+2 book titles...(heh)

[ QUOTE ]
"How I Won 22,000 Beers" by Ed Miller

EXCERPT: "When I was 5, I won a quarter from my Dad playing Candy Land. I saved that quarter and put it into a savings account my Grandmother opened for me when I was 6. When I was 18, it had grown to to $1.09, which I withdrew and bought a lottery ticket. The lottery ticket won for $50 and I used that money to buy a case of Budweiser, three bottles of Jack Daniels. Once I was drunk, that was cool! I LOVE CANDY LAND!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-14-2005, 06:12 AM

Good Work
Old 01-14-2005, 06:15 AM

Hi Ritter:

You forgot How Lucky We are to Work for Mason by David Sklansky and Ray Zee.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 01-14-2005, 06:17 AM

Hrmm.. there's something vaguely familiar about that excerpt... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-14-2005, 06:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

"The Theory of Religion" by David Sklansky (subtitled "I went to MIT, so F__K You")

EXCERPT: "You're sitting down with Jesus, Mohammed, Buddah and an MIT grad and are playing no-limit duece-to-seven triple draw lowball with a $25 ante. You're under the gun and are dealt a pat 7-5-4-3-2 and make it $200 to go. Jesus says "go to Hell" and folds, Mohammed says "bring on the virgins" and shoots himself in the forehead (effectively folding), Buddah smooth-calls but the MIT grad raises to $3786. What's your play in this spot? Though it may seem counter-intuitive, the correct play is to fold. Let's face it - your chances are simply not that good."

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahahhaha - now that's quality [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-14-2005, 11:32 AM

Default Re: Ed Miller

[ QUOTE ]
Hrmm.. there's something vaguely familiar about that excerpt... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Ed,

The Bingo post is at the top of my "funniest 2+2 posts ever" list, so I wanted to honor that.

I hope you recognized the source of the title though. Personally, I'm good for it. Thanks for your many contributions.

Best wishes,

Ritter
Old 01-14-2005, 11:45 AM

Default Re: Mason

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Ritter:

You forgot How Lucky We are to Work for Mason by David Sklansky and Ray Zee.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Mason,

Now I know what people are referencing when they refer to the HLWATWFM text.

In all seriousness, I'm the one who feels lucky for discovering 2+2. Thank you for maintaining such high standards in your products. I await your next release like a housewife hooked on a soap opera.

Best wishes,

Ritter
Old 01-14-2005, 12:04 PM

Default OMFG 100% FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!

God that was hilarious. Funniest thing I ever read. I can't stop laughing. I'm pounding my fist on the desk. Stop. Please. My side hurts.