Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2005, 05:00 PM

Default What Do You Have Going On In The Backround During A Home Game?

During a home game, do most of you have the game on TV in the background or maybe a previously recorded poker show. Maybe music instead of TV, or do you just keep the room focused on the play at hand and don't have a TV or music on.

What does everyone do?
Old 01-13-2005, 05:07 PM

Default Re: What Do You Have Going On In The Backround During A Home Game?

I have Tournament Director running on the Media Center PC, which is hooked up to the plasma on the wall. This allows me to get a playlist of music going on the same Media Center, so I can control both the music and the game with the same wireless keyboard.

Ten
Old 01-13-2005, 05:15 PM

I run Poker Clock on Windows XP. The display is then sent over to a small 13" TV on the other side of the room so that the blinds/level can be seen from any table. Usually I have WinAmp playing music (minimized) from an extensive collection. It's not easy though. Try finding music that all 16 people like. It's next to impossible.

I don't want the TV on because it tends to distract players and we have plenty of players who are distracted without the TV. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-13-2005, 05:20 PM

Yup TD on the laptop next to the table. 5 cd's in the changer or the ASU game as it usually been on the same time.
Old 01-13-2005, 05:36 PM

Never the television for us. Too distracting. Usally just some music, ranging from country to jazz to hip hop. Keep it mixed up. Oddly enough, I seem to play best to old school rap. Something about the sugar hill gang or sir mix-a-lot keeps me off tilt...and I don't even listen to that style of music normally.

Music definatly beats television though.
Old 01-13-2005, 05:44 PM

You're insulting the term 'old school rap' by putting it in the same sentence as 'sir mix-a-lot'.

Damn.

J5
Old 01-13-2005, 05:47 PM

Low limit cash game/dealer's choice: ESPN on tv with the volume off.

Tournament: TDirector on the laptop, music low volume.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:21 PM

Rounders
Old 01-13-2005, 06:34 PM

Music.

My currently poker playlist is: Whiskeytown, Teenage Fanclub, Jesse Malin, Salif Keita, Them, the Jam, Hot Club of Cowtown, Big Youth, Gram Parsons, Willie Nelson, Ibrahim Ferrer, Rolling Stones, Wilco, Compay Segundo, Blur, Tom Waits, Michael Marra, Peter Tosh, Jorge Negrate, Buzzcocks, Bonnie Raitt, White Stripes, Joe Strummer & the Mescaleroes, Pavement, Kiss, the Specials, Sam & Dave, Ocean Colour Scene, Rex Hobart & the Misery Boys, Jimi Hendrix, MC5, the Ramones, Kitty Wells, Mitch Ryder, Guy Clark, Sam Cooke, Ricky Nelson, Hank Williams Sr, Chuck Brooks, Foster/Radney & Roger, Merle Haggard, the Verlaines, Nat King Cole, Lightin' Hopkins, Led Zepplin, Doc Watson, the JBs, La Funk Mob, Booker T & the MGs, Delroy Wilson, Alex de Grassi, the Walkabouts, X, Les Paul Trio, Curtis Mayfield, Dixie Dregs, the Clash, Ramsey Lewis Trio, Friends of Dean Martinez, Thin Lizzy, Jay Ferrer, Wynonie Harris, James Brown, Shadowy Men on a Shadowy Planet, Red Sovine & Webb Pierce, John Prine, Peter Tosh etc.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Music.

My currently poker playlist is: Whiskeytown, Teenage Fanclub, Jesse Malin, Salif Keita, Them, the Jam, Hot Club of Cowtown, Big Youth, Gram Parsons, Willie Nelson, Ibrahim Ferrer, Rolling Stones, Wilco, Compay Segundo, Blur, Tom Waits, Michael Marra, Peter Tosh, Jorge Negrate, Buzzcocks, Bonnie Raitt, White Stripes, Joe Strummer & the Mescaleroes, Pavement, Kiss, the Specials, Sam & Dave, Ocean Colour Scene, Rex Hobart & the Misery Boys, Jimi Hendrix, MC5, the Ramones, Kitty Wells, Mitch Ryder, Guy Clark, Sam Cooke, Ricky Nelson, Hank Williams Sr, Chuck Brooks, Foster/Radney & Roger, Merle Haggard, the Verlaines, Nat King Cole, Lightin' Hopkins, Led Zepplin, Doc Watson, the JBs, La Funk Mob, Booker T & the MGs, Delroy Wilson, Alex de Grassi, the Walkabouts, X, Les Paul Trio, Curtis Mayfield, Dixie Dregs, the Clash, Ramsey Lewis Trio, Friends of Dean Martinez, Thin Lizzy, Jay Ferrer, Wynonie Harris, James Brown, Shadowy Men on a Shadowy Planet, Red Sovine & Webb Pierce, John Prine, Peter Tosh etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

You said Tosh twice.

I like Tosh.

Apologies to Mel Brooks.