Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2005, 12:05 PM

Default Pre-flop aggression.

I'm not used to playing so short handed. Is my pre-flop play OK or overagresssive? I think the rest of the hand is OK but would like some feedback please.

Ultimate Bet 1/2 Hold'em (4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: (6.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 14.25 BB
Old 01-13-2005, 12:11 PM

Default Re: Pre-flop aggression.

I think KQs is either raise or fold, and it depends on the range of hands that your opponent will raise with and how well they play.

The hand looks fine.. although, what did you put your opponent on when he was ramming and jamming on the river?
Old 01-13-2005, 12:18 PM

Default Re: Pre-flop aggression.

I thought a worse flush was a good possibility. I was rather surprised by what he did have.