Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2005, 12:11 PM

Default I hate saying \"GOY\" but this is mine

Philly will win this one easily.
Those Vikings are pretty smug right now but will hit a wall on Sunday. I look for the Eagles to get on them early and demorilize the weak Viking psyche.

Olympic(my bets)

Philly -.5 (-125)..First quarter ($300)
Philly -5.5..First half ($300)
Philly -8.5..Game ($800)
Old 01-12-2005, 12:23 PM

Default Re: I hate saying \"GOY\" but this is mine

I agree with you completely, and am all over the game at -9.5, -9, and now -8.5 (and waiting for it to drop more [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

I am quite enjoying hearing all of the hype regarding the Vikings this week, but I know better, and my Eagles will be ready to play, ready to win, and ready to show the 'hype' people just where they can shove it.

Good luck and GO BIRDS!

(In a sick, twisted way I'm also rooting for the Rams to win, not only because I have them on the moneyline, but just so that the Eagles can enjoy shoving it down Mike Martz's throat when he tries to get cute with his playcalling next Sunday)
Old 01-12-2005, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my Eagles

[/ QUOTE ]

All I need to know.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my Eagles

[/ QUOTE ]

All I need to know.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many other posts of mine do you need to read before you see that I'm a complete homer? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] That being said, if you look at the facts surrounding the game, this really isn't a tough pick, homer or not.

Still, regardless, Eagles cover easily. Will Minny backdoor at the end? Possibly, but a gamble I'm willing to take because I know it'll be double digits the whole way.

Funny thing about the internet is that Sunday around 4pm, you can dig up this post again and see what's good - either way, I'll be at a bar in South Philly getting sloshed, so hopefully there's some good commentary for me to read when I get home [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2005, 03:41 PM

I'm leaning in your direction. last week Green Bay was the worst team in the playoffs, this week it's the Vikes (my opinion). no action yet, but I'm pretty sure what side I'll be on... Good Luck
Old 01-12-2005, 04:26 PM

If you could get the game at -10.5 -9.5 or -7.5 which would you take? Obviously the bigger lines pay more..

I could also get -3.5 and -14.5 but I don't think they are a good value or a safe bet, respectively.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:39 PM

I think we should see how Philly plays without TO before we start talking about how they're going to destroy the Vikings...I don't necessarily think Minnesota is going to win, but if I was placing bets, it'd be on Minnesota to cover.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you could get the game at -10.5 -9.5 or -7.5 which would you take? Obviously the bigger lines pay more..

I could also get -3.5 and -14.5 but I don't think they are a good value or a safe bet, respectively.

[/ QUOTE ]

-3.5 is obviously not value, and -14.5 is obviously not safe. I already took this game at -9.5 when the line first came out, I would not take it at 10.5 at any less than +175 because of the 'key' number, and -7.5 I would not take - not because I dont think the birds will cover, but because with the line already being at -9/-8.5, i dont think -7.5 holds a whole lot of value or brings you any closer to a true 'safe point'.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:19 PM

Default One Thing All You Sharpies Have Failed To Mention...

is the fact that this is Minnesota's third road game in a row. That is always tough on a team. Do you guys even bother to go back more than one week when looking at games? This being the Vikes third road game in a row is one of the strongest reasons to go against them. I am now worried though because all of you seem so sure...Big Al.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:29 PM

Default Re: One Thing All You Sharpies Have Failed To Mention...

[ QUOTE ]
is the fact that this is Minnesota's third road game in a row. That is always tough on a team. Do you guys even bother to go back more than one week when looking at games? This being the Vikes third road game in a row is one of the strongest reasons to go against them. I am now worried though because all of you seem so sure...Big Al.

[/ QUOTE ]

Al, this is one of my prime reasons for taking the game. What is your reasoning for assuming that no one bothered to do research before picking the game? I could sit here and list about 10 reasons I'm taking the Eagles this week (besides the fact that I live here, duh) that involve research I did prior to making the pick. In fact, looking back at this post, I didn't list ANY reasons why I'm taking the Eagles this week. Just wondering where your remark came from, as I personally find it somewhat belittling. In addition to the fact that you refer to the posters in the thread as 'sharpies' (hardy har, not the term but the quotes), I'm guessing that you've not met any of us and/or bothered to do your research on our prior handicapping records. Thanks.