Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2005, 11:08 AM

Default My weekly progress thread....NO HAND CONTENT

The following post is the first in a series of weekly posts I plan to make which is basically just an update of my poker trials. If you don’t like these sort of things you can stop reading now. I’m sure they will be quite long.

I have decided to jump on the band wagon and start doing this more for myself than anything.

Some history:

I started playing Limit Hold’em by depositing $60 in Pacific Poker. I have no idea how it happened but I ended up with HPFAP in my hands and that is when I discovered the 2+2 forums. I literally zoomed up through the levels and in a very short time was playing 3/6 with the correct bankroll. Lightning struck and I got in a situation where I really needed my entire bankroll. I withdrew the entire amount. I was really down about this because I was doing so well I had just about convinced myself that I was the best limit hold’em player on the planet. The lightning strike turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

Shortly after this I gathered up another $60 and started all over again. This time around things didn’t quite go the same. I did learn a few things though.

1. I was not the best limit player on the planet. In fact, I sucked.
2. Variance…neat little thing that I hadn’t experienced.
3. My emotional ability to handle the rigors of poker had not yet been formed, in fact they were non-existant.

After learning lessons #1 and #2 in 0.25/0.5 and achieving the BR of 0.5/1 I thought I was well on my way. This is where lesson #3 came in. Last night the moon and starts aligned themselves and I achieved the proper BR to tackle $1/$2.

How I’m approaching this:

I’m a family guy and I really don’t get the time to play much. If I’m lucky I will average 7-10 hours a week or less.

I began last night by just 2 tabling (I normally 4 table). I played a short session and concentrated on adjusting to the new bet sizes to minimize my chances of miscalculating the pot odds after doing it for thousands of hands using 0.5/1 as my dividers. I plan to post more hands in the micro-forums and will probably start posting a few hands in this weekly update.

Goals for posting this nonsense:

1. Achieve a BR for 2/4 of course.
2. Be more disciplined with my BR. No tournaments, no skimming, etc. This is why I was at 0.5/1 for so long.
3. Post more hands in the micro-forum.
4. Continually improve on my ability to control my emotions in regards to tilting, bad beats, being cold decked and making hands against previous villains personal.
5. Bonus whore as much as I possibly can without being too distracted from goal #1.
6. Use my bonus money for purchasing personal items and not counting it in my BR.

Progress:

In my short (40 hands) first session I ended up +8BB and the hands were pretty routine. I felt I made good decisions and played well.

As far as bonus, I just completed the Empire bonus, have started the Multi-Poker first time deposit bonus and have the Party Poker reload bonus sitting on deck.

Current Bonus Account: 0
Bonus Account Purchases: FP2001 Dell Monitor, 2 Poker Books, Treadmill.
BR Progress: +8BB

Wish me luck and thanks for reading.
Old 01-12-2005, 12:02 PM

Default good luck!

good luck to you crockett!
i covet a dell 2001fp.
we share many goals.
what party reload?
-t
Old 01-12-2005, 12:08 PM

Default Re: good luck!

Check the internet forum. I check it daily now. If a post has 17000 views with 2000 replies, then it is probably a reload post. Not to mention this one is titled Party reload.
Old 01-12-2005, 12:11 PM

Default Re: good luck!

thanks. nevermind. me too.
but i usually check micros first [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
then i saw the one in micro...