Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2005, 04:04 PM

Default Spread limit question(s)

I'm going to Vegas at the end of the month(I'll be the 6'8" middle-aged white guy). Anyway, I plan to play in the excalibur 2-6 game and just want to clarify some spread limit rules since I've never played it.

1) in the 2-6 games I assume the big blind is $2, is there a small blind?

2) As I understand it, the initial bet on any street can be anything from $2,3,4,5, or $6. Correct?

3) How about raises? If player 1 bets $4, can player 2 raise by $2 to six, or does the raise have to be at least the size of the first bet?

4) How about the caps. Is it simply one bet and 3 raises, or is the cap a dollar amount per street?

TIA, see you guys in Vegas!
Old 01-11-2005, 04:41 PM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!
Default Re: Spread limit question(s)

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to Vegas at the end of the month(I'll be the 6'8" middle-aged white guy). Anyway, I plan to play in the excalibur 2-6 game and just want to clarify some spread limit rules since I've never played it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played the 1-3 game there last week, so unless that's different, my answers should do. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
1) in the 2-6 games I assume the big blind is $2, is there a small blind?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

[ QUOTE ]
2) As I understand it, the initial bet on any street can be anything from $2,3,4,5, or $6. Correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct!

[ QUOTE ]
3) How about raises? If player 1 bets $4, can player 2 raise by $2 to six, or does the raise have to be at least the size of the first bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

At least the size of the bet.

[ QUOTE ]
4) How about the caps. Is it simply one bet and 3 raises, or is the cap a dollar amount per street?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's the former, but I'm not 100% sure.

[ QUOTE ]
TIA, see you guys in Vegas!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck! I just got back on Saturday morning (redeye to Boston). Didn't do that great (a couple of breakeven-ish sessions at the Aladdin, got creamed at the Excalibur (a few suckouts combined with lack of sleep led to a major tilt), and tournaments at the Luxor and the Orleans where I didn't finish ITM, though I did manage to outlast almost 2/3 of the field at the Orleans), but I had lots of fun.

-Mike
Old 01-11-2005, 05:21 PM

Default Re: Spread limit question(s)

[ QUOTE ]

I think it's the former, but I'm not 100% sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

The rest of counts answers are correct. As far as betting goes, i believe excal was one bet and three raises, the rest of vegas is one bet and four (five bet cap total). I'm not 100% that it's four instead of five, but an odd situation came up in the NL game and i'm remembering the number 4 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

The odd situation was - they even have a bet cap in NL. One bet and three raises. Sure, any of those could be all in, but if you manage a bet and three raises they won't let the next guy go all in; he can only call or fold. It was really really odd. This was ~september though, so they may have changed that in the NL. They had some bullshit protecting the players reason behind it.