Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2005, 03:13 PM

Default How do you play TPWK?

Hi! I have a problem. Most of the time when I flop top pair with a weak kicker, I really dont know how to play it.

The advice I have read in poker books seem the contradict each other. Some say check this hand in EP, then see what happens and get out if it is much action. Some say you should bet (and get out if it is much action).

Under what circumstances should i bet, check/call, check/fold (or anything else) with this hand? Thankful for your thoughts. Below is some examples of flopping TPWK, I would appreciate comments on those.

Examples of situations:
1. I limp from LP with A7s, after four other people, one of them calling from UTG. Flop comes A-J-3 (none in my suit). Betting on the flop goes: check-bet-call-call and then it's me, acting last (except for the checker who might be planning a checkraise). Should I fold here? What if the flop gave me a backdoor flush?

2. I limp with K9 from SB after two callers in EP and LP. BB checks and we are four who sees the flop. Flop comes: K-Q-8 rainbow. I am first to act. What to do? Would there be any difference if I held K2 instead of K9?

3. Seven people view the flop, including me limping from MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Flop comes A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. The two EP limpers check to me on the flop, with four persons acting after me. What to do?