Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2005, 12:24 PM

Default PokerHost.com?

Just received a snail mail inviting me to signup with PokerHost. Apparently they are powered by SBG GLobal. Offering %20 bonus up to $100 or a 110% bonus up to $500.

To receive 25% bonus must play five raked hands for every bonus dollar. Not too bad...similar to Party and skins.

I'm a little sketchy on the 110% WR.

Anyone have any experience with this site?

TIA!
Old 01-11-2005, 02:28 PM

Default Re: PokerHost.com?

Never mind ........... downloaded the client.......5 active tables 22 players. I can earn more putting my $$$ in passbook savings by the time this one would clear.
Old 01-11-2005, 03:47 PM

IF you play 2-4 or 3-6 NL you can have a field day at this site even if you ignore the bonus. Generally there are 100-200 people seated and it seems that most of them are at the $1-2 to $5-10 tables.

The thing that makes this site so great is the caliber of player. Often the $3-6NL table will be full or near full with a % seeing flop of 70%+

I've made some very nice profits here just playing 'text book' poker for a couple of hours.

Another site the same as this one is 'America's Cardroom'.....serious fishies to be had!
Old 01-11-2005, 10:49 PM

i put $25 on the site just to get into the $10,000 freeroll this weekend. The bonus is not what it appears. You need to earn 5 raked hands but must earn it for the bonus and the deposit. Also, I believe you must have contributed to the pot to be a raked hand so it is similiar to prima not party. The 110% bonus is earned by your portion of the rake. I don't believe I will be bonus whoring at this site.