Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2005, 01:50 AM

Default A Ko hand

NL $1 BB Full ring online. Both mine and villians stacks are about $100. I'm dealt Ac Kd in MP.

Folded to me in MP who makes it $4, guy right next to me calls, all other fold. 2 to the flop.

Flop ($9:50): As Qc 9c

I make it $8, he re-raises to $16, I call

Turn ($41:50): Qs

I bet $12, he re-raises to $24, I fold.

Should the fold have come sooner? Comments on all streets appreciated.
Old 01-11-2005, 12:29 PM

Default Re: A Ko hand

No thoughts on this, huh?
Old 01-11-2005, 01:36 PM

I would often reraise the flop, if he reraise and he is not a maniac you are beaten and you can fold, except if you have see him push with a flush draw before. If he call the reraise I would usually push on the turn, Im pot-commited as they say. If he have AQ, I say nh and reload. I dont fold TPTK heads-up on a raised pot at these small stakes often, and I usually end up with the money.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:47 PM

I think in the long-run you save money by re-raising his flop raise. Lets see how serious he is. This often prompts an all-in from your opponent which means fold here with TPTK I think. If he calls a decent reraise I check/fold unimproved.
Old 01-11-2005, 02:36 PM

Need more info to be able to assist here - any sort of read on the player? Any "category" that he fits into?

I had a long reply but decided to go with the abbreviated version:
To decide what to do ask yourself : What does he have that he would call a 4xBB PF raise and then raise my pot-sized bet on an AQc9c flop? Hands that come to mind : AA/QQ/99/AQ/AJ/AT/A9(least likely but suited maybe).
BIG QUESTION : Do you think you're ahead on that board? If so RERAISE! If you think his raise is legit fold. There are 3 cards in that deck that you would like to see on the turn (Kc Ks Kh) and I'm not even sure you want to see those. Maybe another A on that board is good, but if he's on AQ or A9 you're in the same situation. Everything else is either scary or neutral so if you think you're ahead here ReRaise. If you think you're behind Fold!

Good fold on the raise on the turn. But rethink your flop play entirely and you may not get to that point.

Play Well!
[img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]The Ugly One [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]