Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2005, 08:41 PM

Default Stars Satellites, and San Francisco Poker Break this Wednesday

First, some obligatory poker content.

I play mostly on Party, but want to start playing a bit on Stars. I typically play a combination of sit-n-gos and cash games as a means to an end--they fund my Supers, 200Ks, and Quarter Million entries, where I've had my significant successes. I don't buy in directly to these $150-$215 tournaments; I win my way in via one-table Qualifiers.

So I have two questions:
<ul type="square">[*]What are the closest Stars' equivalents to the Weekday Supers, the Guaranteed $200K, and the Guaranteed Quarter Million?[*]Are there single table qualifiers into these equivalent tournaments on Stars? If so, where do I find them?[/list]Off topic:
There are a number of 2+2'ers in San Francisco and the greater Bay Area (e.g. me, KingMedicine, Lloyd (magic_pig), jslag (slaggo), cferejohn). Any of ya'll interested in a break from the poker grind this Wednesday evening? King and I will be at the Condor in North Beach around 8'ish (pm), if anyone's interested in joining us. Will be kind of cool to hang out and have a few beers without trying to take each other's chips! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

PM me and/or KingMedicine if interested.

-Z
Old 01-10-2005, 09:08 PM

Default Re: Stars Satellites, and San Francisco Poker Break this Wednesday

Every wednesday Stars has a $150+12. There are no satellites to this event. Every Sunday is a $200+15, and the last Sunday of each month is a $500+30. There are 'round the clock satellites for these, under the "Sit &amp; Go" tab under "Satellite."

The Sunday tournaments guarantee $350k and $500k.
Old 01-10-2005, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Every wednesday Stars has a $150+12. There are no satellites to this event.

[/ QUOTE ]

No qualifiers? Bummer... the biggest tourneys I buy into directly are the $50+5 LARGE CAPS and $100+9 SNGs.

[ QUOTE ]
Every Sunday is a $200+15, and the last Sunday of each month is a $500+30. There are 'round the clock satellites for these, under the "Sit &amp; Go" tab under "Satellite."

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool. I'll take a look. In general, I find the Stars navigation more confusing than Party--too many turbos, and I can't figure out how to filter out already running and completed tourneys/satellites. Am I missing something?

[ QUOTE ]
The Sunday tournaments guarantee $350k and $500k.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent.

Thanks Augie.

-Z
Old 01-10-2005, 11:06 PM

Zin,

You might also want to open an UltimateBet account and check out some of their tournaments. In general, they are smaller, medium sized fields compared to Party or Stars. And I absolutely love their tournament structure!

I'm not sure if they have anything as large as $250k Guaranteed like Party/Stars, but I believe there is some value in some of their $100+9, $50+5, and $30+3 tournaments.

I recently won my second MTT there ($8k Guaranteed, $30+3, 218 players).

You get more starting chips, and late game play is great because blinds are not as high in relation to stacks. This means there are people actually taking flops at the final table instead of waiting for a hand to go all-in with.

Anyhow, just thought you might be interested.

I'm planning on making a full tournament report for my UB win, but they are having problems pulling the hand histories from the final table for me.

- slag
Old 01-11-2005, 01:30 AM

I'll check out UB again, slaggo. Before playing real money, I gave UB, Party, and Stars a try with play money. I kinda liked UB, but ended up putting money in Party first because of the number of tables in play and it's reputation for soft opponents.

-Z
Old 01-12-2005, 12:37 PM

Default bump

Sorry. Last bump.