Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2005, 05:42 PM

Default Who raises the turn?

Table has been running fairly fishy for the little while I have been here. I also think there's a lot of Helmuth disciples playing (raising 77 into 5 limpers from the BB, OMG!). No real specific reads when this hand took place, as it was only my 4th at the table. Besides the turn, who wants to smoothcall the flop and raise the turn. Personally, I think the board is a little too coordinated for that, but I could have my mind changed [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

-Jaran

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 bets, Hero raises, CO folds, Button folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 bets, Hero...
Old 01-10-2005, 05:44 PM

Default Re: Who raises the turn?

I raise the turn. I raise the flop, too.
Old 01-10-2005, 05:45 PM

You are almost certainly beat in this spot by QJ. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I have Hellmuth like reading skills dood. So I just call and cry like a baby when the board doesn't pair on the river. I like the flop play.

Brad
Old 01-10-2005, 05:46 PM

You don't raise the turn? If he 3-bets I call down UI, but this is .5/1...
Old 01-10-2005, 05:54 PM

The read is that this table is fishy. Best we can hope for is that he has T8. Fishy players don't stop and go with just top pair. He almost surely has a striaght. If he has a set (a very real possibility) we are in even worse shape here then if he had a striaght.

Brad
Old 01-10-2005, 06:00 PM

Why not raise the turn? UTG bet the flop - was it betting at an inside stright or maybe top pair more likely?
Old 01-10-2005, 06:48 PM

I don't know of too many fishes that is capable of bluffing on a scary board after Hero raises on the flop. Besides, if he's bluffing, he's going to probably fold to your raise, so you gain nothing if you're ahead, and lose an extra BB if you're behind and don't improve on the river.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:08 PM

I call it down, while I could see hands you beat played this way say a-10, two pair, I think you are three bet too often by hands you are behind to make raising profitable.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:12 PM

Well, I was torn between raising and calling. If I knew the person was a solid player, I would have leaned more toward raising. Without a read, I felt the chanced that she had the str8 were very high. I called. The river was a blank and went bet-call. She showed QT0 for TPGK, and MHIG. Now I have notes on her.

-Jaran