Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2005, 01:35 PM

Default KQo raised preflop.

This seemed weird at the time but I think calling down might be correct given the texture of the flop and the action. I didn't figure to be strong enough to make a flop raise profitable. Thoughts?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

River: (8.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: 11.25 BB
Old 01-10-2005, 01:44 PM

Default Re: KQo raised preflop.

I think you can safely fold on the river.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:50 PM

This ones tough for me. I think I would have raised the flop though. I'd like to force out CO if he's got a T so I can free up my Q outs, plus it may give me a chance for a free card on the turn. I'd like to hear some other opinions on this one.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:55 PM

pre-flop: eh...ur a little early to try and buy the button, so i'd probably just call.

flop: i might try to raise and buy a free turn card, but a 3-bet would suck. hopefully CO would go play w/ himself instead of calling 2.

turn: if i did get 3-bet on the flop, and UTG+1 is still betting into me, i call hoping for a T, a K, a Q ...

river: a blank &amp; UTG+1 still betting into me = me folding.
edit: i may call, if i have a specific read that UTG+1 will bet with a 2nd best pair or bet a busted draw hoping to win it...but very read-specific. for typical opponents, i take the fold line.

hope you won!
--oj.
Old 01-10-2005, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pre-flop: eh...ur a little early to try and buy the button, so i'd probably just call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you should be raising preflop every time here.
Old 01-10-2005, 03:36 PM

y'think? i dunno...maybe i'm too much of a puss w/ KQo...
Old 01-10-2005, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
y'think? i dunno...maybe i'm too much of a puss w/ KQo...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah this is a pre-flop raise.
Old 01-10-2005, 04:11 PM

I think that you MUST raise the flop. Try and steal the button, buy extra outs, and maybe buy yourself a free card. It will tell you where you stand with regards to the bettor. He could be betting trash. I would raise the flop, go from there.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:01 PM

I might fold this one on the turn, and I'm curious as to what others might say about that. With no reads I'm not sure what I'd do here, but I lean toward folding the turn (is that too weak/tight?) facing two opponents, and the fact that CO has overcalled this flop and cold-called PF.

I think hero has just enough odds to call on the flop, with 6 outs (2 Kings for a likely winner, and 4 Tens that might end up splitting the pot), but I sure wouldn't raise this flop.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I might fold this one on the turn, and I'm curious as to what others might say about that. With no reads I'm not sure what I'd do here, but I lean toward folding the turn (is that too weak/tight?) facing two opponents, and the fact that CO has overcalled this flop and cold-called PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

why fold here? You have at least (!) 6 outs (4 tens, 2 kings). Getting 6.25-1 this is an easy call (CO will probably call and youll get at least one bet on the river)