Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2005, 09:49 AM

Default Loose Aggressive at 6 seaters

Hi,

I usually play STTs with the occasional MTT thrown in for good measure but I've had a few shots at some NL ring games, 6 seaters to be exact and I was looking for some basic advice regarding playing this kind of set-up. I've re-read a few things and have been playing loose and v.aggressive with mixed results. I cleared one table and got busted on another (still a healthy profit margin though). I know that the regularly suggested tactics are tight aggressive but I've been finding that loose and v.aggressive is working wonders (I've been killing $25 stts). I've noticed that the wheels come of this wagon quite easily in 10 seat ring games but on a six seater I'm sure that with some modifications that this can succeed. Does anyone have any joy/advice playing this style.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:06 AM

Default Re: Loose Aggressive at 6 seaters

O, Yes. You will never be a big winner Playing Tight agrrreisive. Playing LAG is a profitable style, but u have to be very good at reading oppenents to play this style. I would hay that your playing very loose or aggeresive, but i would call it playing ur oppenents. You can have any two cards but as long as u know your oppenent is weak and will fold then its a smart play and will go along way in building a stack. One way to see you profits grow is to pick up pots that u dont desereve to get. The only thing is, dont get your hand caught in the cookie jar.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:47 AM

Default Re: Loose Aggressive at 6 seaters

Read this great post by fimbulwinter

I started 6 max. just 2 weeks ago and this strategy did wonders for my game from the beginning on.
This post is better than many of the books I've read. Nothing to add.