Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2005, 10:45 PM

Default Determining when you have odds to cold-call

I'm not sure how to tackle this issue and can't find it given good coverage in my books. Say you are on the button with K10 suited and there is one raiser before you. You fold. But if there are multiple cold callers at some point it becomes worthwhile to try to hit your flush or straight, especially with your position. How many players do you need in before you should cold-call the raise? And what's the general theory on this type of play?

Thanks,

The Lemon
Old 01-09-2005, 11:04 PM

Default Re: Determining when you have odds to cold-call

SSH say says to cold call a raise in LP with any pocket pair or QJs-T9s if two other callers besides the raiser have enterd the pot.
Old 01-09-2005, 11:08 PM

So then if you have K10suited SSH says fold with two callers. My real question is then do you just need a third caller to play the K10suited? What if you had Q8 suited? How many callers needed before you call then? I'm trying to figure out how to determine that number.

The Lemon
Old 01-09-2005, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So then if you have K10suited SSH says fold with two callers. My real question is then do you just need a third caller to play the K10suited? What if you had Q8 suited? How many callers needed before you call then? I'm trying to figure out how to determine that number.

The Lemon

[/ QUOTE ]

no, u call with k10 suited with two cold callers in front
Old 01-09-2005, 11:15 PM

I tend to do just that. However, my read of SSH is that those two callers let you call with QJs, J10s, and 109s, not K10s. I assume this is because of additional straight probabilities and less chance of being dominated.

The Lemon
Old 01-09-2005, 11:16 PM

Actually it depends, if the table is loose and 4 people had entered the pot, SSH recommends calling in late position with any two suited cards T or higher, suited aces, medium suited connectors and such.

I think if I have KTs on the button, it depends on who did the raising and cold calling but I will tend to cold call from late position if I think it won't get three-bet and will be 5 handed (myself included) or better.

Vern