Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2005, 02:40 PM

Default GROW UP!!

I swear this site is like a bunch of frat boys lying about the size of their "package" to the sorority girls. Everyone seems to be making thousands of dollars either a month or a year playing poker. Makes me wonder whos actually losing money to you guys since everyone claims to be winning so much. Most of the replys on this site are just arrogant and very immature. I guess when your dealing with people that post these scheduels of playing 4 tables for 8 hours a day, bad people skills should be expected since they seem to never leave the house and god for bid meet a woman. I'm just a college kid about to graduate this summer and I play poker on the internet for fun and I guess i'm up about $200 or $300 from playing SNG tables and low limit ring tables over the past year. I first came to this site to hear new ideas and try and learn but so far I have been just turned off by the childish attitudes of the religious posters on this site. How about more poker knowledge and less self promotion about how your the best poker player that nobody has ever heard of. You have to be 21 to gamble, so how about you act like your 21 when your making a post or a reply.
Old 01-09-2005, 02:44 PM

Default Re: GROW UP!!

Okay.

And just so you know, the people on this forum represent a small, small number of the people who play online poker. So it's VERY possible that everyone here is a winner...Have you even seen some of the play online??
Old 01-09-2005, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Makes me wonder whos actually losing money to you guys since everyone claims to be winning so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd guess - maybe the 95% of the players who don't read these forums?
Old 01-09-2005, 02:55 PM

I can understand why 95% of the people playing poker wouldn't visit this site, its full of childish jerks. I'd much rather buy Skalansky's books then sift through the garbage on this site that is posted on a regular basis that has nothing to do with poker and more to do with telling everyone how good you think you are.
Old 01-09-2005, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
whos

[/ QUOTE ]

who's...as in who is

[ QUOTE ]
replys

[/ QUOTE ]

replies

[ QUOTE ]
god for bid

[/ QUOTE ]

God forbid

[ QUOTE ]
your the best poker player

[/ QUOTE ]

you're...as in you are

[ QUOTE ]
you act like your 21

[/ QUOTE ]

see above

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just a college kid about to graduate this summer

[/ QUOTE ]

what a waste of money.

cheers!
Old 01-09-2005, 02:59 PM

Just to clarify, some of the post are very knowledgeable and a very good read and alot of people on the site are pleasant in their replies and post. I just wish people would be alittle more grown up when replying, if you don't agree with someone's post on poker explain why and give your reason, don't belittle them and say how stupid they are like is done in so many replies.
Old 01-09-2005, 03:04 PM

Quote:I'm just a college kid about to graduate this summer

what a waste of money

A great example of the jerks on this site. Lucky for me I never payed a dime for college because I was on a baseball scholorship. I've also met some of my best friends in college who will be a part of my life forever. I could care less what you think a waste of money is.
Old 01-09-2005, 03:07 PM

You need to do one of three things:
1)Get better at detecting sarcasm/jokes.
2)Ignore sarcasm/jokes.
3)Leave the forums.

Seriously, there is a lot of sarcasm here, and I find it hilarious...you either need to figure out what is sarcasm and what isn't, igonore it, or just leave.
Old 01-09-2005, 03:13 PM

Ooh, a baseball player on a full ride. All but two of the players at my school were first-class jerks and it sounds you fit in that mold. And we were DIII too, no athletic "scholorships" for us.
Old 01-09-2005, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I swear this site is like a bunch of frat boys lying about the size of their "package" to the sorority girls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Suggestion: Stop spending so much time in "Other Other Topics".