Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2005, 02:56 PM

Default Pot Odds Question/Scenario

I'm trying to make sure I'm getting this right. I'm hoping for your help...
Let's say I have:
J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

and the flop is:
J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

The pot is 600.00

Of course, someone could be drawing to a flush. So, would I consider my outs for a full house? If so, that would be currently 6 outs (if the turn isn't a 6 or 9, then it would become 9 outs to the river, right?)

With six outs only being about 12% of 52, then I would want to bet no more than 12% of the pot at 600 (and hopefully less than that), would that be correct?

Other questions I would have is taking into account that the other player, even if tight, could certainly have 2 clubs, and would this factor into betting amount as well?

Any other things you would like to add would be helpful, and thanks.
Old 01-05-2005, 03:08 PM

Default Re: Pot Odds Question/Scenario

you have the nuts, you want to get your money in the middle and punish the draws for calling
Old 01-05-2005, 04:17 PM

You got this the wrong way!

If you know that he is drawin to the flush (seen his card or something) then he has 9 outs to get the flush. That is the outs that you shall think of . Then he has 4.22:1 that he make the flush at the turn. You shall bet so that he has not the odds to call you.

If you bet 300 then the pot will be 900 and hes potodds will be 3:1 whith is less then the odds that he will make his hand. If he call then he will do a misstake and you win in the long run. If he do not call then you win anyway.

If he call and catch the flush at the turn then you start to count your outs. Dont forget that you will win with quads too. That is one more out....

In this senario have you got 10 outs to win and the pot will be 1200 at the turn. He has got the flush (you know that he is not bluffing) and you are drawing to the full house or quads. your odds is 3.60:1. If the potodds is better than this after he has bet then you can call. If they are not then you make a mistake to call...

If he did not catch the flush then you bet again so that he has not the odds to catch the flush at the river [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

If you have the best hand then you shall count his outs, not yours, that he will draw you out! If he has the best hand then you count your outs that you draw him out!

I am not a No-limit player and I am HUNGRY but I am preaty sure I got this right... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Have fun!
Old 01-05-2005, 04:41 PM

He has only got 8 outs to his flush the J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] gives you quads.
Old 01-05-2005, 04:48 PM

Outch.... I said I was Hungry... Hard to think then [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Mmmm it smells so good.. Food food food very very very soooooooon [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-05-2005, 04:58 PM

I hope that didn't come off as offensive. I was wondering why I was even responinding. Dammmit just get your chips in the middle and if happens to have a 4 flush and he happens to hit his 8 outer and the board doesn't pair go post a bad beat story on in the NL forum [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-05-2005, 05:14 PM

Hehe everyone likes bad bet storys..... NNNOOOTTT... Not at the limit forum atleast. They are so sensitive [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Have to post some soon [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]... Hamburgers with french fries Mmmmmm!!!

Have fun!
Old 01-05-2005, 07:36 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />

Of course, someone could be drawing to a flush. So, would I consider my outs for a full house? If so, that would be currently 6 outs ( if the turn isn't a 6 or 9, then it would become 9 outs to the river , right?)

[/ QUOTE ]

thats wrong. If you have 6 outs on the flop, in this case you dont, you actually have 7 outs, 3 6es 3 9s and 1 Jack makes 7 outs. They dont increase just because you didnt hit them on the turn. BUT the procentage of any of your outs coming on the river goes up a bit.

Also, you have to consider how many players are at your table? if there are 9 players the chance of someone having two suited holecards is like 33% chance, 8 players 30% and so on and so on.