Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2005, 09:23 PM

Default Range of SSH

Sorry if this has been asked here before, but what is the range of limits that the concepts presented in this book can be applied? I'm specifically referring to the games at Party. I usually play 10/20 but have recently been in a huge slump and saw that I wasn't only loosing because I was getting unlucky, but also because I was no longer playing my best. To fix this I decided withdrawal most of my money from Party, move down in limits, and really study SSH and apply the information. So as I make my way back up to 10/20, should I continue to follow the advice given in SSH at the higher levels, or at some point should I move more towards the advice given in a book like HEFAP?
Old 01-03-2005, 09:34 PM

Default Re: Range of SSH

The advice in SSHE generally applies to games where opponents go too far with their hands and play too loosely.
Even though party 10/20 is considered kinda tight I still think SSHE generally applies.

you have to learn where to adjust though because you obviously do not have 5+ players to the flop as in some of the SSH examples. But Ed addresses where adjustments can and should be made.

Clarkmeister I believe said that many of the ideas of SSHE apply all the way up to the B&M 80/160 game that he plays.

The ideas on pot-odds and raising for value are going to be pretty universal in most low to mid-stakes games.

That said, HEFAP wouldn't hurt either and is certainly a worthwhile read.

If you think you are applying the concepts from SSHE incorrectly then post some of your HH's in the SS or even the mid-high forum for feed-back. If you think you are "over-applying" the concepts in a LAGgish fashion then posting HH's will help you identify the problem.