Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2005, 11:10 PM

Default 1010 vs LPs and a somewhat coordinated board

All 3 villains have 80% (pfr'r has 100%) vpip thusfar. I've seen MP2 raise twice, once with 10s and the other wasn't shown down. He's pretty agressive postflop w/ top pair or better, but I don't have any real reads on the others. What's my line here and what would you normally do on the flop with a field of 4 people?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero ???</font>
Old 01-03-2005, 12:14 AM

Default Re: 1010 vs LPs and a somewhat coordinated board

Hero bets and calls a raise but folds to 2 back. You call because these sound like LAGs and sometimes your Tens are still good, and when they are not, any 8 gives you a straight. Without the straight possible, I either bet/call the turn then fold river unimproved or I bet/fold the turn. This would be dependant on who raised and if anyone cold called or I was closing the action.

Vern

Standard Disclaimer, I am by no means an expert at any of this.

P.S. Remember to take off the color highlighting at your question point, since it appears you bet the turn due to it being in red. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-03-2005, 12:23 AM

I don't like the preflop re-raise really. People with a VPIP of 100% and a low PFR usually arn't fooling around when they raise pre-flop (even when they open raise from MP2). I'm just coldcalling.

I'm not betting this flop. There are too many ways that a better hand will just keep calling me. I would not be shocked if they will call all the way with AK.

Brad
Old 01-03-2005, 12:51 AM

That is a good point, but MP2's raise is opening the pot, so I tend to think of it as a looser raise and raising with TT here is making me money against a loose raise and cold callers. I guess what we need to know, more so than their VP$IP is whether they are passive/neutral /aggressive pre-flop. I agree that against a passive pre-flop raiser I am more likely to just cold call out of position like this, but that is likely weak.

Vern

Standard Disclaimer, I am by no means an expert at any of this.