Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2005, 09:13 AM

Default Stars 3/6 - A9s UTG - Loose Passive Table

The table was generally loose passive friendly.

PokerStars Highspeed 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Tony is UTG with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Tony calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, Tony calls, UTG+1 calls, Button calls.

<font color="green">I limped with the suited Ace because few hands were being raised preflop. This turned into one of the few.</font>

Flop: (10 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Tony calls, UTG+1 calls, Button calls.

<font color="green">OK the flop call is suspect but with two overcards and a backdoor flush draw in large pot I convinced myself that I had the implied odds to see the turn.</font>

Turn: (7.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB folds (Timed out), BB checks, Tony checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB calls, Tony calls, UTG+1 folds.

<font color="green">Result I've picked up the nut flush draw and a OESD. Also the preflop aggressor as timed out and folded which must be good news. I thought about betting but there was a chance of two pair or a made straight so I check called. Is this weak?</font>

River: (10.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Tony checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB folds, Tony ?????.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

<font color="green">D'oh missed my draws but the pot is large, the button has bet should I call or fold? </font>
Old 01-02-2005, 12:04 PM

Default Re: Stars 3/6 - A9s UTG - Loose Passive Table

the flop call is marginal, you are getting good odds but your outs are pretty tainted here...Your A outs are likely dominated so they are worth maybe 1 out, your 9's are also tainted because of redraws and straights. You have maybe 4 outs (probably generous) so the odds are enough, but not closing the action is bad...

fold the river...
Old 01-02-2005, 01:16 PM

I think you have to bet the turn.

The only aggressor in the hand has folded (timed out). You have picked up an open ended straight flush draw, with two overcards. Since it is highly likely no one has a set, all of your flush cards are outs (9). I don't like the one card straight, so I'd discount those outs from 6 to 5 (you wouldn't lose the pot, but might split). You nine outs are worth maybe .5, and your ace outs are 1.5. Sixteen total outs.

I'm betting the turn here. The 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is neither an overcard nor a flush completing card (it would complete the unlikely 4,5 straight, or a possible 10,9 straight). If I get it heads up on the river, and my remaining opponent has not raised me, I'm betting again. If raised, I call and check-fold the river.

The flop call is fine.

What makes me suspicious with this hand is that nobody has been the aggressor that is currently in the hand by the turn. You have only three opponents left. It's worth a shot at taking the pot down on the turn here, given the pot size and especially with all of your outs.
Old 01-02-2005, 01:27 PM

I agree, bet the turn.

In this hand, fold the turn, you have no idea where you're at.
Old 01-02-2005, 02:05 PM

you want to fold the turn here? that is terrible...
Old 01-02-2005, 02:09 PM

I think a turn bet is mandatory. The SB timed out and you've got a monster draw. Nut flush + OESD + overcards. It's a semi bluff against a made hand, but it could take down the pot or build it when you nail your draw.
Old 01-02-2005, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you want to fold the turn here? that is terrible...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he meant the river.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:57 PM

Default RESULTS

I agree with the concensus that I should have bet the turn. The bison ratings have me as TA-P so post flop aggression needs work andd this was missed oportunity.

As for the river the only agressor was the button who'd bet turn and river when checked to. Given that I should have bet the turn then maybe my opponent had the same idea and acted on it. So when the BB folded to the river bet I decided to call the 11.5BB pot.

He turned over Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and I win the pot.