Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2004, 01:19 PM

Default wow i hated folding this

No real read on BB, hasn't gotten out of line during the round or two i've been at the table. Anyone else lay this down?

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (6.66 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn: (7.83 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (13.83 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds, Button folds.

Final Pot: 14.83 BB
Old 12-31-2004, 01:56 PM

Default Re: wow i hated folding this

He doesn't have a straight, but it's probably some sort of 2-pair, likely AT. And yet you're getting almost 14:1 on the river, so you have to be pretty damn sure that your TPTK is beat. I personally wouldn't be that sure against a relative unknown.
Old 12-31-2004, 02:59 PM

i would not be able to lay that down myself but probably a correct fold. chances are he has two pair, or maybe he missed his flush draw but hit a straight?
Old 12-31-2004, 07:08 PM

You should have paid it off.
Old 12-31-2004, 07:23 PM

if you call the raise on the turn, why not call one more bet on the river? he probably has you beat, but he could have AK, or even AQ and be too aggressive. you only need to be correct 1 in 14 times to show a profit, are you certain you are beat? i think the pot is to big to fold for one bet.
Old 12-31-2004, 07:28 PM

sorry AQmakes a srt8, but pot is still too big to fold. you need to be over 90% certain that you are beat. call fpr one bet.
Old 12-31-2004, 09:49 PM

I called becuase of my [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] draw, I really thought I was beat here. He must know I have AK, and he is still checkraising the turn.

Although sometimes I think the 'he must know what i have but he is checkraising anyways' line of thinking is an easy way to get run over. I thought it was really close to a call, even though i was 100% sure i was beat.
Old 12-31-2004, 09:59 PM

AQ does not make a straight...

I really think you should eliminate the "he must know what I have" thoughts from your head at the table....Very few people ever know what you have, and even fewer even take that into consideration when they are making a raise....He is probably playing his hand, and just raising anything. Including AQ or AK himself...He is NOT raising you because he knows you have AK and hopes you'll pay him off......

If you are sure you are beat, fold the turn. You aren't getting correct odds to call just for your draw. Don't fold the river for one bet when your draw doesn't come....That really sucks.
Old 12-31-2004, 10:09 PM

no AQ does not make the srt8. there is not much you can beat, but unless you KNOW the player, and are sure, i do not see how you fold. if you call the raise on the turn then you call the river - if you were going to fold that was the time. i agree that if you are certain you are beat you fold, but i find it extreamely unusal that you can be over 90% certain that you are beat. i call, but if your 100% sure it is ok.
Old 12-31-2004, 10:36 PM

guys, what dont you understand. Even if he turns over his cards on the turn, and he has a straight, I have to call with my spade draw. I agree the river fold may be incorrect, but how can you not call the turn with the nut flush draw.