Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2004, 12:32 PM

Default I can get away, im sure, but where?

subject line is all i need to preface this hand with. thanks in advance for replies.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG <font color="#A500AF">(Villain)</font> calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG <font color="#A500AF">(Villain)</font> calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, Villain checks, MP2 checks, Button checks.

Turn: (5 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villain raises</font>, MP2 folds, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls.

River: (9 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB
Old 12-31-2004, 12:47 PM

Default Re: I can get away, im sure, but where?

Don't let your subject lines give away details as to whether you won or lost the hand. I'm not gettting away from this hand.

I'd probably bet out on the flop and hope to get raised. I see the logic in a c/r though I'd rather have the bettor directly to my left.

Given the way you played it I 3bet the turn and lead the river if called. Check-call the river if it gets capped.
Old 12-31-2004, 12:56 PM

Default Re: I can get away, im sure, but where?

Here's how I would play it:

preflop: ok getting 9:1 instant pot odds, heck yeah I call.
flop: I try for the check/raise just as you did.
turn: I bet out as you did but when raised I 3-bet it cause I'm an aggressive bastard. If capped I call and check/call river. If just called I will........
river: bet out if not capped on turn. check/call if was capped. Many will say bet the river and fold to a raise. I prefer to see that showdown myself just because I don't trust anybody and I already invested so much into the pot. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]