Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2004, 01:26 AM

Default Should I be scared to use Party skins?

I have an account at party, and just tried to open one at pokernow.com. I gave them the same email address that I use with my party account and they said I couldn't sign up. All you on this board seem to use both.

If I use a different email address, but fuel it with the same neteller account, won't they be able to tell? Will they lock my funds?

I don't want to piss off Party either, as thats my "home base". If there is a chance of a locked account its not worth the hassle to me. I don't want to rock the boat, I make too much money there haha.
Old 12-31-2004, 01:28 AM

Default Re: Should I be scared to use Party skins?

I have all the same info at all 4 skins I play at, with 4 different e-mail addresses. All are funded through the same neteller account, and I haven't had a problem yet. I think you're safe.
Old 12-31-2004, 01:32 AM

Cool. Any tips for fast email address creation? Hotmail and yahoo take forever...
Old 12-31-2004, 01:37 AM

I have the same information and email addresses at Party, Empire, Intertops, PokerNow, Coral, and Multi. I think they just started (in the last few months) making it impossible to set up an account at a skin if Party was already installed on your computer.

You can use another computer to install and set up your account on any of the skins and give them the same info. Then install it and log in on your computer. I just did that this week with PokerNow.
Old 12-31-2004, 02:00 AM

Here's how you make a new account on any of the party skins on one computer -

1)Click on start, then Run. In that window that pops up, type in REGEDIT and click ok.

2)In the Registry Editor window, on the lefthand side, go to these folders :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
SOFTWARE
CALCULATOR
MODE

In that MODE folder, on the righthand side, there will be a field called UCID. Right-click on UCID and delete.

3)Install and smile
Old 12-31-2004, 02:13 AM

WOW!!! great tip. Thanks TBag!!
Old 01-03-2005, 02:09 AM

When I reboot my system, or install another Party skin, will I need to continuously delete this key... or is she gone fer' good?

Thanks,

Wyers
Old 01-03-2005, 11:27 AM

O.k. Just to clarify for the slow and still learning.....

Do you first have to uninstall Party and all it's folders etc.? And then change that registry.

Or, can you just change that registry, install the skin (Empire for example) and then register with the skin and make a deposit?

Finally, I'm assumming you will have to create a different "handle" for each skin. Correct?
Old 01-03-2005, 11:45 AM

I think it's differerent for different people.
I uninstall party (and all other skins) and delete all cookies and to the registry thing.

Then install pokernow and set up an account and make your first deposit. Then reinstall all the other skins.

Yes....your handle will have to be different.
But your name, address, neteller acct # and e-mail can all be the same.

The other option is just to set it up from a different computer from a different ISP.

There's a possibility they will temporarily freeze your account and ask you to call them wondering why you set up another account. Just say you want to play 8 tables or you want to play the tournaments on that site too and you should be fine. I had to do this with one of the skins I set up and the party-person I called said "oh...okay...we'll unfreeze your account. we just wanted to make sure it was really you and that everything was okay"

Many of us have accounts at the various skins and don't have problems from party about it.
I have accounts at party, empire, intertops, eurobet and pokernow. No big deal. Nothing to worry about.
Old 01-03-2005, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you first have to uninstall Party and all it's folders etc.? And then change that registry.

[/ QUOTE ]
No

[ QUOTE ]

Or, can you just change that registry, install the skin (Empire for example) and then register with the skin and make a deposit?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, also realize that for every new skin you add you have to rechange the registry. For example you have Party, you change the registry and install Empire, if you then want to install Coral/Eurobet you need to change the registry again.

[ QUOTE ]

Finally, I'm assumming you will have to create a different "handle" for each skin. Correct?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes