Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2004, 12:10 PM

Default Full Tilt

Hey everyone,
I'm brand new to the forums and I am fascinated and entertained all at once. Everyone on here seems to really love the game.
My question is this: why is there so much posting about Party Poker, but very little about Full Tilt? Is it simply because of the sheer number of people who play on PP compared to FT? I know FT is fairly new, but is anyone else here playing on the site? I've enjoyed my last few months on there and I am doing fairly well at 3/6 and 5/10. Anyone else "playing with the pros?" Thanks.

CNote72
Old 12-29-2004, 04:16 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt

I got "hooked" on Full Tilt about a month ago and now find myself playing there about 80% of the time. While the number of fish may be lower the games are always good and I have been able to almost double my hourly take, compared to party and stars.

Plus I've become friends with a couple of the pro's which would not have happened otherwise.
Old 12-29-2004, 05:00 PM

The three biggest sites are PokerStars, UltimateBet and Party Poker. They often have the most action and the most game selection. Therefore, they have the most players and the most people talking about their games. Full Tilt is pretty cool though, a little cartoony for me personally, and the ability to play against pros is at least interesting.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:56 PM

Somebody explain to me why you would WANT to play against pros? I don't mean this sarcastically, honest! I've thought about it, too, and I'm just interested in what attracts you to a game where you would almost certainly lose money.

- tomb

P.S. I assume this isn't spam, otherwise go to hell!
Old 12-29-2004, 11:35 PM

Wondered if spam too, Tomb1.
Old 12-30-2004, 12:20 AM

Among the on-line sites, I probably play on FullTilt the most. Its been the most lucrative site for me. Its funded my buy-ins to other sites. I've had astounding success/luck in the heads-up single-table NL games, and the full single-table SNGs are good. I like the FullTilt interface the best. Party interface started to creep me out a bit, for some reason.

The bonus is impossible to clear. On other sites, the bonus can be cleared in about 1/10 of the time to clear the FullTilt bonus. I think they would get more permanent traffic if they had a better initial bonus system. They also need more tournaments.
Old 12-30-2004, 12:21 AM

there is hardly any upper limit action on full tilt.
Old 12-30-2004, 12:45 PM

I really like full tilt but no one goes high enough to make any money really just my openion.. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 12-30-2004, 03:06 PM

2 reasons i didn't like FT. I used FT for about 3 weeks grinding my ass off trying to clear that bonus, and came to the conclusion that it was a futile effort. The other reason is that the games were so tight that i wanted to hang myself. I'm sure some things have changed, but i probably wont go back
Old 12-30-2004, 05:25 PM

Hate sounding like a newbie. But what is this 'bonus' you speak of?