Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2004, 04:07 PM

Default Some crypto 1/2 flava

Table was very loose and fishy, as I've noticed ALL crypto 6 max tables I've sat at have been. Very lucrative tables to play at. Since bison's converter doesn't do crypto, I'll mimic it to my best.

I haven't played much 6 max before trying to clear this crypto bonus, but so far I've been doing VERY well.

Caribbean Sun Poker 1/2 Hold 'Em (5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, CO folds, SB raises, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 players)
SB bets, Hero calls, UTG folds, MP folds.

I wanted to keep UTG and MP in the pot, and I thought raising, especially if SB came back with a 3-bet, would drive them out. Unfortunately, they folded out anyway. Should I have raised?

Turn: (5 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)
SB bets, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, Hero calls.

I have the nuts. Should I have just raised the roof here? Crypto allows continued betting HU until someone calls.

River: (11 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)
SB bets, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, Hero 4-bets, SB 5-bets, Hero 6-bets, SB calls (1.50 All In).

Still got the nuts, I'm taking him for all he's willing to give (which ends up being everything).

Final Pot: 21.375 BB
Old 12-28-2004, 09:49 PM

Default Re: Some crypto 1/2 flava

I think slowplaying it on the flop is fine. There are really no draws to be afraid of.

On the turn just keep raising... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-28-2004, 10:01 PM

Default Re: Some crypto 1/2 flava

I like your turn play in this very specific situation. Its not often that A) HU vs. villian, B) You have such a strong hand against, C) villian with less than 10 BB left when there's D) no limit to the number of raises you can put in. If you go to war on the turn, there's a good chance your opponent will just call one bet on the river. If you play the turn like you did, however, I think you have a better chance of getting all of his money in the middle.