Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2004, 08:55 AM

Default AKs -- Poor flop call?

UTG+1 is yet another Party Poker frickin' genius and bets into two people who just 3-bet and capped pre-flop! I put UTG+1 on exactly "crap" based on his previous play. This kind of stuff really screws me up. I was of course just expecting to check/call CO and see what the turn brought but thanks to UTG+1 I didn't know what to do. You think I should just fold?

And of course UTG+1 folds the turn because of the very scary 2 of diamonds which totally turned the monster hand he was holding on the flop upside down.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero folds, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 11 BB
Old 12-28-2004, 09:54 AM

Default Re: AKs -- Poor flop call?

I play this hand read dependant.

If I have a very good read on SB I let this go here. If he's tight PF this could suggest AA or KK.

If not I play this the same with the overcards + backdoor and calling giving you 1:7 from the pot.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:55 AM

Default Re: AKs -- Poor flop call?

Fold this. It sucks given the pot size but your likely to be reraised by CO. Your backdoor outs are tempting to draw to so this ones very close. I'd raise if I thought I'd get a free look at the river but that's doubtful here. Don't let the flakey turn action scramble yor brains.