Two Plus Two Older Archives

Old 12-28-2004, 02:07 AM
LondonBroil LondonBroil is offline
Senior Member

Default Suspicious email from Absolute

I almost want to email him to see what kind of scam this is. As long as I don't download any attachments he sends me, could opening an email from him through hotmail give my computer some kind of virus/trojan?

From: "Gary McRory" <Gary@AbsolutePoker.absp04.com>
To: <ME>
Subject: bonuses
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 14:54:39 -0500

Dear Me,

Just a short note to let you know that you have earned our year end cash bonuses as a VIP player. If you would like these bonuses please email me and I will go over the details.

Respectfully,

Gary

VIP Host
Old 12-28-2004, 02:11 AM
Asnbabe Asnbabe is offline
Member

Location: IL
Default Re: Suspicious email from Absolute

Theres an old thread with the same person from ab, you might want to read it

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...v=#Post1371911
Old 12-28-2004, 02:12 AM
WSOPWinner2005 WSOPWinner2005 is offline
Senior Member

Looks like a normal AP mail server to me, post the headers...
Old 12-28-2004, 02:19 AM
LondonBroil LondonBroil is offline
Senior Member

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like a normal AP mail server to me, post the headers...

[/ QUOTE ]

What are "headers"?
Old 12-28-2004, 02:35 AM
WSOPWinner2005 WSOPWinner2005 is offline
Senior Member

Other thread answers the question, but headers are shown if you "View Source" of an e-mail sent to you, shows what servers it was relayed through etc etc etc...
Old 12-28-2004, 03:03 AM
joedot joedot is offline
Member

It's legit. I got the same email a few weeks ago, emailed him back, and he gave me the bonus details. I think it was 20%, plus they gave me a free 10 bucks with no play through requirement.
Old 12-28-2004, 03:49 AM
gila gila is offline
Member

Yea, its legit. You better call or email him, you will get some free money depending on how much you deposit. Plus the 20 percent bonus.
Old 12-31-2004, 10:56 PM
ugaistheteam ugaistheteam is offline
Member

Location: Georgia

Hmmm, I have over 100,000 ARP points on this site, and Im also a winner of a seat to WSOP on that site, but no MVP status......go figure. UGA.
Old 12-31-2004, 11:05 PM
JKDStudent JKDStudent is offline
Senior Member

Location: South Jersey

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm, I have over 100,000 ARP points on this site, and Im also a winner of a seat to WSOP on that site, but no MVP status......go figure. UGA.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because you win too much. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-01-2005, 07:05 PM
ugaistheteam ugaistheteam is offline
Member

Location: Georgia

HeHe, thanks, just wondered how it works. Stared year off right with fifth in Rebuy on stars this morning. Happy New year to all....UGA.