Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2004, 01:36 AM

Default Older WSOP on DVD (on ebay)

Hi everybody,

Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this, but I wasn't sure where else to put it. I was looking on ebay and found many auctions for older WSOP DVDs (just search for WSOP) and I was wondering if anybody ever bought any. There seems to be a few different versions, so say it includes 15 DVDs, other offer up to 22. Some start in 1973, others in 1978. Some include 2003 and 2004, other don't.

So I'm looking for any feedback from people who may have bought them. Which one did you get? What was the quality like? Do you recommend your seller?

Let me know, thanks in advance
Old 12-27-2004, 02:45 AM

Default Re: Older WSOP on DVD (on ebay)

I just ordered a set like this from ebay. I will get back to you on the quality of the dvd's.
Old 12-27-2004, 04:01 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWN:IT

I bought this set from this seller, great seller. Its neat to watch the WSOP progress through the years from one table up to 2600 players.
Old 12-27-2004, 04:09 AM

did you watch them all yet? how would you rate the quality? How many DVDs is there in this collection?

Thanks
Old 12-27-2004, 04:18 AM

There's 20 DVD's in the set I bought. For the most part the quality is what you would expect for the relative ages of the shows. The older ones look older, like old footage would look on TV. The newer ones are just like seeing them on ESPN minus the commercials.
Old 12-27-2004, 04:29 AM

Great, thanks for the info. If you don't mind, I have one last question, how is the break down for each year. I only watched 2004 so far and like the main event they showed about 10-12 episodes just for that. How are the earlier years, how many hours per year, do they show only the main event or more of the other events?

Thanks a lot for all the info, I really appreciate it!
Old 12-27-2004, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's 20 DVD's in the set I bought. For the most part the quality is what you would expect for the relative ages of the shows. The older ones look older, like old footage would look on TV. The newer ones are just like seeing them on ESPN minus the commercials.

[/ QUOTE ]

is there more content than what was televised?
Old 12-27-2004, 04:18 PM

No its pretty much whatever they had on TV that year. There are a few "fluff" pieces some years, where they have side tournaments with celebrities like Matt Damon and Edward Norton the year that Rounders came out, but I think those were televised too.
Old 12-27-2004, 04:20 PM

Most of them have just the main event. Some are as short as perhaps 40 minutes, others are longer. Each has its own DVD except for 2002+, which each are split among several DVD's due to size. Sorry for the double post.
Old 12-27-2004, 05:37 PM

be careful with this,

i bought a set from some lady who sent me a set of burnt copies that skip....she did give me my $ back and let me keep the dvds but it was a pain in the arse dealing with it. i recommend that you buy a set that has an actual picture of the set within the auction.

johnny