Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2004, 07:59 AM

Default I\'m horrible....check out this hand and table chat...

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

I played this too passively on the turn and river...I know... - sometimes playing trips can be hard for me to figure out how to extract the maximum from - (CR on turn, I would think, and bet river but if he has no A, he folds on turn) - and besides I had a bad beat a bit back and was afraid of AA -

but otherwise, on a passive PartyPoker table, I'll play most suited connectors - 56 is a bit low, but with two callers already, I'll do it generally cause if I hit, I'm usually good. Next player in late position raised, but of course, I have to see it for one more bet and 10-1 pot odds.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 5h 6h (three of a kind, fives).
CO has Ah Jh (two pair, aces and fives).
Outcome: Hero wins 10.25 BB. </font>

but the fun part is after I drag the pot, he gives me [censored], and I just had a ton of fun with it. Instead of giving lip back, I've been acting like a clueless noob....which is more fun then trying to educate them. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] - and I threw in the last line to seem a little less over the top...but what can ya do...LOL [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] - I thought the misspelling of Gus's name was a nice touch - BWHAHAHA

#1324955976: whiskeytown wins $39 from the main pot with three of a kind, fives.
rchandyman1: so badat poker
whiskeytown: who?
rchandyman1: whiskey
rchandyman1: you suck
rchandyman1: at poker
whiskeytown: I learned from watching the WPT
rchandyman1: you play a bullXXXX hand
rchandyman1: then you hit
rchandyman1: and play it horribly
rchandyman1: and win the minium
ryahnWJU: lol 9k off raise?
ryahnWJU: and u hitt
whiskeytown: I learned from watching Gus Hanson
ryahnWJU: that makes me want to throw up u XXXXin moron
ryahnWJU: no wonder ur almost broke
whiskeytown: and I got tips from Celebrity Poker Showdown
whiskeytown: but it is a little different - I admit
Old 12-20-2004, 08:27 AM

Default Re: I\'m horrible....check out this hand and table chat...

Your opponent is right about one thing: you won the minimum.

One of my favorite lines in this position is to check-raise the flop then...
... If he three-bets, check-raise him again on the turn and lead the river.
... If he just calls, bet the turn then pause about 2 seconds and check the river. These guys can never EVER resists betting their Ace when you play that way and you get to hit him for two bets on the river.

SpaceAce
Old 12-20-2004, 08:36 AM

you mean I won the "minium" out of him, don't you [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

you're right, but if he doesn't have an A, I don't think I'll get the turn or river bets out of him.

See what I mean...if it was a set, I'd be less worried about giving away the strength of my hand, but with trips, he's gotta suspect me of having one or the other, and only an A will stay aggressive. - and will he stay with middle pairs? - maybe. I now think he will, but this was one of my first hands with him.

and of course I forgot the first rule of SSHE, they'll call to the river with nothing, so of course, I shoulda check-raised at least the turn. - I hate checkraising the flop heads up, cause it puts them on alert - like to keep them aggressive till the double bets on turn/river

I've since reported this guy for chat abuse since he threatened to kill another guy and myself "literally and on the poker table" - over a 30 dollar pot.

RB
Old 12-20-2004, 08:41 AM

I might have just bet out on the river, to avoid having him check behind a non-AA pocket pair. But since you checked the river, and he bet, HOW COULD YOU NOT GO FOR THE CHECKRAISE?
Old 12-20-2004, 08:43 AM

classic case of gunshy syndrome - this table has been running all over my good hands....

I know....I deserve at least a slight beating for this one - I just thought, hmm....AA? - or 79? -

I'm horrible.

RB
Old 12-20-2004, 08:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
See what I mean...if it was a set, I'd be less worried about giving away the strength of my hand, but with trips, he's gotta suspect me of having one or the other, and only an A will stay aggressive. - and will he stay with middle pairs? - maybe. I now think he will, but this was one of my first hands with him.

[/ QUOTE ]
OK then...why didn't you raise the river if this was your concern?

I didn't bother reading your chat BTW. I'd suggest focusing a little more on better play than on the chat.
Old 12-20-2004, 11:28 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

it's not everyday I get to say "misplayed on every street"
Old 12-20-2004, 11:41 AM

I want bdk3clash to post some of his insanely hilarious table chat, live and online.
Old 12-20-2004, 01:34 PM

yeah. horrendous.
Old 12-20-2004, 01:40 PM

Bet-reraise the turn. If you aren't going to do that, check-raise the turn at least.

If you're this gunshy, you need to drink more whiskey.