Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2004, 12:23 PM

Default Voice commands

Has anyone pondered the possibility of encorporating voice commands into online play? I'm sure it's possible to execute a script that can clicks a specified button when you give a vocal command into a mic. For instance if you were multi-tabling, you would place all four tables into the corners so they were always in the same place, you would then give the command "table 4 fold" and the mouse would execute the command. Just a thought.
Old 12-19-2004, 12:27 PM

Default Re: Voice commands

No, the chance of making a mistake is too costly.
Old 12-19-2004, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, the chance of making a mistake is too costly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Sure, mistakes would be costly, but you certainly wouldn't use it with real money while in development.

The application of such a product would be far reaching. The first obvious one is for the disabled. Then, I think people who play for a living would find it much easier to multi-table. Third, you could play (work) from a treadmill or an exercise bike.

I'd like to see such a product, even if it could only do one table in its early stages.

Onaflag...........
Old 12-19-2004, 01:17 PM

I've done a bit of trolling round the net for some off the shelf software that can do what I mentioned. I came across something called Realize Voice 4.0. It appears that you can set a certain mouse movement and assign a vocal command to action it.

I'm gonna give the free trial a go and see what it's like . I'll feed back the results.
Old 12-19-2004, 02:58 PM

link
Old 12-19-2004, 03:27 PM

lot's of errors possible with the voice recognition software.

have you looked into touch screen?
Old 12-19-2004, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
have you looked into touch screen?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm one lazy monkey granny. I don't even want to move. I just wanna bark out commands while swinging around in my tree. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2004, 04:22 PM

me too.

i looked into voice recognition for the same reason. that's how i found out about the reliability errors.

with touch screen (which i have not purchased yet), you would simply lay the touch panel cover screen over a flat panel monitor and position it almost horizontally in front of you or on your lap. sitting there and tapping the relevant buttons with your fingertip or a touch pen is less effort than all that mousing. if i get the system i was looking at, i will post a complete report on how it works and if it is indeed less effort.

Old 12-19-2004, 04:33 PM

I read something in some magazine about 6 months ago, I don't konw if it was under development or if it was already on the market.
Anyways, it was some kind of air held mouse
You didn't have to keep the mouse to a flat surface, instead you held a piece of hardware in your hand and moved it around.
.... It might even have been in some Sci-Fi movie.

Anyway, why would you prefer a touchscreen to a mouse?

-aron
Old 12-19-2004, 04:37 PM

Granny,

How long ago did you look? I'm a teacher in the business department of a high school and the keyboarding teacher attended a session on voice recognition this summer that was acurate within 1 word in 300. It actually learned your individual pronunciation. There is a document you read and it notes how you pronounce everything. And after a paragraph you are good to go.

They tested on a teacher with a strong southern drawl and it took two pages for the application to become confident but after that, it did a great job.

Krishan