Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2004, 02:57 PM

Default Ah Fk this guy

UTG with AA. $25nl 6-max. I raise to $2. Only the BB calls.

His stats are 51vpip/7pfr after 85 hands.

Flop is 3 3 T.

He bets .5, I raise to $4, he raise to $7.5, I....
Old 12-17-2004, 03:03 PM

Default Re: Ah Fk this guy

Hmmm..tricky. I don't play this small of stakes, so the betting seems a little awkward, but it seems as though he either has TT, A10, an overpair, or a 3 (which would be gross). Personally I raise all-in and go broke with my AA. What has villian done before if he flopped a boat or trips out of position? Would he really lead out to a preflop raiser with the near nuts on the flop? His weak bet followed by the reraise is a little scary, but you've gotta make a read and go with it. There are very few hands that beat you, in fact--only TT and anything with a 3. You can't always be afraid that someone has the nuts, so I push here and pray he didn't flop a boat or quads.
Old 12-17-2004, 09:48 PM

Elnino, it seems to me his hand range is wider than what you suggest. I'd include ANY pair, KT, QT, JT, T9, perhaps some other trash.

Villain is fairly loose, (even by 6max standards) but what's concerning is he 3bet Sponger.

However, he did min bet, and many posters comment the min bet should be viewed as a check, so lets pretend you just got checkraised on this flop.

The default play with 50 BB stacks is you should not fold this, so we want to maximize value vs an underpair to your OP or top pair.

This means if you push in it gives him a chance to get away from top pair, whereas he's calling with trips every time.

So call, (do not fold) and let him fire the rest of his stack away.
Old 12-18-2004, 12:07 AM

I think a minbet followed by a reraise shows more strength than just checkraising. But a bad player may do it with any pair on this board.

I'd just call the reraise. 50% VP$IP isn't the same as 85% so there's no reason to believe he has a 3. So I'm not folding. And he can't have more than 2 outs, so there's no rush to get the money in quickly. Let him fire at the turn.
Old 12-18-2004, 04:10 PM

Just call, see what happens on the turn. If he's just feeling you out with a low pocket pair, he probably cant take much more action, so no reason to reraise. If hes got you beat, hes getting all his money in fast.
Assuming one of you guys only has ~$25, i would be content getting all the money in on the turn.
Old 12-18-2004, 06:06 PM

Given that its PP and at th $25 tables this guy could have anything. This is not a hand to get away from, more times than not you will win this. Its a clear push.
Old 12-18-2004, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Given that its PP and at th $25 tables this guy could have anything. This is not a hand to get away from, more times than not you will win this. Its a clear push.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's a clear "dont fold," but the best way to get opponent money is to call and get the rest in on 4th street.
Old 12-18-2004, 07:29 PM

Ok. Good stuff.

He did in fact have K3.

I have been trying to "lose more showdowns" lately because I always seem to be laying things down when I might not be beat at all.
Old 12-18-2004, 10:48 PM

...I push in. AA is hard to beat HU. He got a 3? I lose my stack.
Old 12-18-2004, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...I push in. AA is hard to beat HU. He got a 3? I lose my stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but party is rigged anyways right?

Shouldn't this be an easy fold given that I know this and he is more likely to have outdrawn me?