Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2004, 10:30 AM

Default poker dealing career help

I am a recently retired USN pilot and want to know if anyone could give me advise on becoming a poker dealer. I plan on moving to Vegas and wanted to know if anyone knew of schools/training available. Poker has been a love of mine since high school and I am very interested in making this my second and final career. Of course playing professionally would be my ultimate goal. Any assistance is greatly appreciated in advance. Feel free to pm me also..
Old 12-17-2004, 05:48 PM

Default Re: poker dealing career help

[ QUOTE ]
I am a recently retired USN pilot and want to know if anyone could give me advise on becoming a poker dealer.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for your service.

You may want to check out this 2+2 Book.

Given your handle, I'm not sure I want to play at your table, but good luck to you. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2004, 07:33 PM

Default Re: poker dealing career help

When I was in Vegas this summer I attended a dealer course for blackjack. I found the school that I went to had great teachers and I heard from other students that already worked as dealers, that their collegues that had their training at other schools hadn't had as good a training as they did. The school has the following website:
http://www.learntodeal.com/

Good luck,
Peter