Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2004, 12:25 PM

Default Borgata Poker Rate Question

I'm heading down to AC for a WSOP Circuit Event on January 7th at Harrahs. I normally play at the Borg, but obviously I hope to be spending the majority of my time at Harrahs in the tourney.
I would rather stay at the Borgata just the rooms are nicer and if I book the poker rate, I can get it cheaper. BUT....does anyone know if you have to put in time at the tables if you're already booked at the poker rate? Would I get charged the full rate otherwise?

Anyone deal with a similar prob?

Thanks
Old 12-15-2004, 12:59 PM

Default Re: Borgata Poker Rate Question

You will get the std poker rate of $100 mid week. If you play 8 hours though they lower it even more down to $40
.......so yes and no
Old 12-15-2004, 01:13 PM

Nice I didn't know they lower it even more after the poker rate. Is that true for the weekends as well? Last time i booked the rate on a saturday for 129 and put in a 12 hour session but didn't ask if it went lower.
Old 12-15-2004, 03:16 PM

On Friday and Saturday nights the poker room rate is a flat $125. They only reduce the rate based on play during the week.
Old 12-16-2004, 10:18 AM

take note, you must reserve a room about a week in advance, and you must specify you want the poker rate when you reserve it. i was talking with them last night, and this is a new policy in effect for a few weeks now. apparently they release all the poker rooms that havent been reserved by tuesday for normal use, so by the end of the week there may be no poker rooms left. last time i needed a room they told me i could reserve a regular room and get it reduced when i played, this is no more.