Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2004, 01:56 AM

Default Throttle to the stops, who applys the brakes?

This is one that may question your judgement in the middle of a three month downswing, so let me know if I'm a Douche.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $5.
MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG (poster) calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (8 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

River: (21 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 27 BB
Old 12-15-2004, 02:00 AM

Default Re: Throttle to the stops, who applys the brakes?

I can't see any way how you can slow down here. Only hands that beat you are quad tens and the straight flush. TT could most likely 3-bet preflop, so that really leaves just the straight flush. If the villain has a lower boat, or is a moron with Ah, he could be doing the same thing. I'm sure you got beat here, but you know as well as I do that you're capping this on every street possible.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:04 AM

I agree, only hands that even slightly make sense re the coldcall are 98 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and TT. Tough to put someone on T6 or T7 here. I still probably don't cap the river, but damn I think I go as far as you do.
Old 12-15-2004, 03:29 AM

This player called out of the BB. Without stats or a read that says otherwise, I don't see how you can eliminate 107, 106 and 105 from his range of hands. However, I would definitely play it the same way. There is a greater chance he is just overplaying a flush until that river 3bet, which I also just call.

EDIT: If you are referring to the flop coldcall, I can see that 105 probably would have folded, but most players are calling flopped two pair here if not 3betting. So I don't see how he can't be holding 106 or 107.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:55 AM

This is what I get for posting late, when I'm tired. I misread BB for Button. D'oh! Been doing that a lot lately . . . you're right. I still don't know that I slow down, this could just as well be an overplayed flush.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:11 AM

I play it the same, but probably cap the river. only time I call the 3 bet is if the guy is a rock.

--turnipmonster
Old 12-15-2004, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree, only hands that even slightly make sense re the coldcall are 98 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and TT. Tough to put someone on T6 or T7 here. I still probably don't cap the river, but damn I think I go as far as you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

He can't have A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]?
Old 12-15-2004, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He can't have A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]?

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant the only hands that make sense re a coldcall that he's losing to. But since he was in the BB, T6 and T7 enter the realm of possibility.
Old 12-15-2004, 08:21 PM

Default Re: Throttle to the stops, who applys the brakes? ( Results)

Well, turns out that that turn card was the death of me. he flopped the str8 flush and was fortunate that I had a Hand to go to ever bloddy war with. Lost the battle, still losing the war as well. Oh well, tonight is a new night.

Maybe i can get back on a run.