Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2004, 12:31 AM

Default First 19k hands at Party 3/6, find the leaks!

While I have been a winning 3/6 player for the past 6 months, I have only recently been able to use poker tracker to see my true win rate. I have about 19k hands in my database from the past 2 months of play and was hoping you guys could point out any potential leaks.

If it matters, over about the past 2000 hands I have been on a pretty bad downswing, and in that short time my win rate dropped from about 1.75 to 1.07. Could I just be running bad, or am I just a mediocre player with some big adjustments to make?

19k hands - Party 3/6

VPIP:---------------11.65
VPIPfSB:------------13.10
Folded SBtosteal:---86.11
Folded BBtosteal:---77.14
Folded BBtostealHU:-71.77
Att.tosteal:--------16.92
Won$whensawflop:----34.00

bb/100:-------------1.07

went to sd:---------31.02
won$atsd:-----------57.78
PFR:----------------7.75

first action after pfr:
raise:--------------8.53
bet:----------------58.43
call:---------------5.32
check:--------------9.56
c/r:----------------.61
fold:---------------5.32
noflopnoaction:-----12.22

Aggro stats:
PF:-----------------1.44
Flop:---------------3.23
Turn:---------------2.44
River:--------------1.51
Total:--------------2.00
Total minus PF------2.20

folded to riverbet: 36.49
Old 12-15-2004, 12:38 AM

Default Re: First 19k hands at Party 3/6, find the leaks!

You are way too tight. My 13.5 (but steadily climbing) VPIP at 3/6 doesn't make me cry as much anymore.
Old 12-15-2004, 01:22 AM

You're way too tight. Most of the better players who post here have a VPIP of 16-18.

The drop in BB/100 is pretty normal, given the sample size. You're probably running at least a little bad and should make some adjustments. Over those 200 hands, you've also probably been victimized by more than your share of suckouts.

I PM'ed you too. Get back to me when you get a chance.
Old 12-15-2004, 01:26 AM

Bill, when do you usually play? Because you're very tight.

My VPIP is typically between 14-15 in the Party 3/6 games, and I rarely find or stay in games where I need to be tighter.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:25 AM

These numbers reflect play during mostly peak, weeknight hours. As of late, I have been playing during the day if the games aren't too tight, so I don't think table selection is the problem. Looks like I need to start adding some hands.

I didn't realize VPIP: 11.65% was way lower than optimal. I'm new to PT, so I hope you aren't referring to my Saw Flop All Hands stat, which is 15.78%

Other than my preflop rockness, do any of my other stats stand out as potential leaks? How does my aggression factor and Won $ At SD look? I've been getting hammered with suckouts recently and starting to feel like I don't know what the hell I'm doing.

Thanks
Old 12-15-2004, 02:39 AM

postflop aggression looks within reasonable bounds.

You're gonna need to post more hands (I saw you posted one yesterday, which is a start).

As for the tightness: a lot of 3/6 hands get posted here. Keep an eye out for hands you wouldn't be playing, and see if the concensus is that it's a good or bad preflop play.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:54 AM

Thanks guys, I'm going to try to start posting more hands.

In the meantime, I think I need to add more hands in late position like low suited connectors and hands like Q9s after a few limpers. I could probably also start adding more Axs from early and middle positions. Also, if I don't raise AJo, KQo or KJo in early position, I usually just fold them, should I just be calling here if the game is loose and pretty passive?

Does my W$SD (57%) suggest that I should be calling down more? I think this used to be one of my big problems as I always assumed that I was beat when faced with a lot of aggression.

-Bill
Old 12-15-2004, 12:13 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

you're not limping nearly enough. pocket pairs and suited aces are your friends
Old 12-15-2004, 12:16 PM

Hello Bill,

You may be a better player than you think and your leaks may be small. You know I'm no expert at interpreting poker tracker stats, however the most important stat - bb/100, says that you are a winning player, that says a lot right there.

Others have commented on your VPIP stat and while mine is higher (14%) I wouldn't be too concerned about it. I can remember a long time ago, before there were separate forums on 2+2, that Mason made a post which contained the words "you can't play too tight before the flop", (this was just part of his post and it contained more than just those few words).

I think posting some hands would be a great way of receiving feedback, you can then decide how and where to apply these comments.

Regards, Jim
Old 12-15-2004, 12:16 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

your W$SD is probably a reflection of your preflop pickiness. when you don't play any marginally good hands, you're going to win at showdown a lot