Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2004, 03:31 AM

Default remember kids, slowplaying is bad

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

River: (7 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB

I don't usually raise 99 pre-flop, so feel free to tell me I should have. I think this is an easy fold if someone else bet the flop (esp with a caller or two before it got to me), and was planning on folding to a flop check-raise. Some questions, though:

1) Is folding to a flop check-raise the proper play (had it happened)? Would it be better to call and then fold the turn un-improved? I suppose there are 10 cards that improve my hand: 4 Ts, 4 8s, and 2 9s...

2) How would you have played if UTG bet out on the turn? What if the turn was check-raised? I was planning on folding either scenario, figuring at that point that I had 2 outs to beat anything that I was behind (except JJ, of course) and would have been getting somewhere between 6 to 9:1 on my call.

Anyway, I left the results in because I'm too lazy to change the topic and I don't think it sways any thinking... had UTG shown any aggression I would have assumed Jx, possibly a good x, and would be in the same situation as if I knew what he had.

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has 7h 7d (three of a kind, sevens).
Hero has 9c 9d (three of a kind, nines).
Outcome: Hero wins 15 BB. </font>
Old 12-14-2004, 03:52 AM

Default Re: remember kids, slowplaying is bad

I *think* not raising preflop is fine due to UTG's limp (unless you have specific reads).

I've been committing the same mistakes with mid/smaller pocket pairs too, you do NOT have all those outs you counted (you can't count runner runners). Realistically you have 2 outs, and the chances of getting it on each street is 4%, which is no where close to the odds you need to make a call if check raised (unless you think it is a check raise bluff, which I think is very very unlikely). For this reason, I would have checked the turn with position, thats just my opinion.

River play is fine (standard)