Default Playoff Predictions

This is how I see the seedings for the AFC:

1. *Pittsburgh (15-1)
2. *New England (15-1)
3. *Indianapolis (13-3)
4. *San Diego (12-4)
5. NY Jets (11-5)
6. Jacksonville (9-7)

Denver and Baltimore both end up 9-7 but lose to Jacksonville in tie breaker. Jacksonville would be 7-5 for conference record while the other two would be 6-6.

And for the NFC:

1. *Philadelphia (15-1)
2. *Atlanta (13-3)
3. *Green Bay (10-6)
4. *Seattle (8-8)
5. Minnesota (10-6)
6. Carolina (7-9)

Green Bay would win tie breaker for division over Minnesota with a better conference record, 8-4 compared to 7-5. (They would split head to head and have same divisional record). Carolina would be the only 7-9 team. Five teams end up 6-10.

Playoffs, Week 1

Jacksonville at Indianapolis
NY Jets at San Diego

Carolina at Green Bay
Minnesota at Seattle

Playoffs, Week 2

NY Jets at Pittsburgh
Indianapolis at New England

Carolina at Philadelphia
Seattle at Atlanta

Championship Week

New England at Pittsburgh

Carolina at Atlanta

Superbowl

Carolina vs Pittsburgh

Okay, I know I am a Pittsburgh fan but seriously, I like how the defense is playing. The games I struggled with in picking a winner:

Carolina at Green Bay (week 1) - I went with Carolina just to make things interesting. I honestly believe Carolina is the only team that can beat Philadelphia. For sake of conversation, my pick is Carolina.

Indianapolis at New England (week 2) - This could also be an interesting game. With New England's defense banged up a bit, Indianapolis could give them trouble. However, I will stick with New England because even though the defense is banged up, at least they have one.

Carolina at Philadelphia (week 2) - This may sound strange the Eagles had a pretty easy schedule this year and they rolled over all the weak teams. However, when facing a tough defense (Pittsburgh and Washington) they struggled. I firmly think that Carolina is the only team that can and will beat the Eagles (provided they make it past Green bay).

New England at Pittsburgh (Championship Week) - I took Pittsburgh because they are at home. One thing is for sure, this would be one hell of a game.

What are some other predictions out there? Don't tell me how stupid I am. We all have opinions. I am interested in hearing some other opinions.
Old 12-13-2004, 03:24 PM

Default Re: Playoff Predictions

If it all comes out as you say and the Steelers meet the Patriots in the AFC championship game, a little advice to the Steelers.

Spend more time on your game plan than on making hotel reservations for the Super Bowl. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2004, 03:27 PM

Pittsburgh will have a tough game week 17 in Buffalo. If they lose that game then they would end up playing at New England in which case I would choose New England.

New England has a tough game in week 16 at the Jets.

I gave both teams the benefit of the doubt as I think New England and Pittsburgh are the two best teams in the NFL.
Old 12-21-2004, 12:01 PM

Some won games I didn't expect and other lost games I didn't expect. I have some changes in final records, but the playoff matchups don't change.

1. *Pittsburgh (15-1)
2. *New England (14-2)
3. *Indianapolis (13-3)
4. *San Diego (12-4)
5. NY Jets (11-5)
6. Jacksonville (10-6)

1. *Philadelphia (15-1)
2. *Atlanta (13-3)
3. *Green Bay (9-7)
4. *Seattle (8-8)
5. Minnesota (9-7)
6. Carolina (7-9)
Old 12-21-2004, 12:08 PM

What about the Bills?
Old 12-21-2004, 12:11 PM

They can't get in unless Jacksonville loses a game. I agree that they are the hot team but it's "too little, too late". Even if Jacksonville loses a game, they still have to beat Pittsburgh, allthough with the NE loss last night, if Pittsburgh beats Baltimore this week then they can rest players against Buffalo.
Old 12-21-2004, 12:12 PM

The Bills look good if the Steelers win this week against Baltimore, which would let them rest a lot of their starters against Buffalo in the last week of the season. However if the Steelers somehow lose to the Ravens, then they will need the win against the Bills to get home-field advantage, and the Bills will be in big trouble.

Actually, the Bills really lucked out with the New England loss last night.
Old 12-21-2004, 12:21 PM

How did the NE loss affect the bills, just curious...
Old 12-21-2004, 12:36 PM

It doesn't, except for the already mentioned. Pittsburgh may rest players for the last game of the season (vs. Buffalo) if they beat Baltimore this week. With NE losing, Pittsburgh only needs to win 1 of their last 2 games to clinch home field advantage. The Bills really need Baltimore and Jacksonville to lose for a chance.
Old 12-21-2004, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What about the Bills?

[/ QUOTE ]

On a pre game show I saw last night(can't remember which one) they asked the panel to rate Buffalo(as they are playing right now) against the NFC. Some said #1 and other said close #2 to Philly.