Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2004, 08:10 PM

Default Pacific screws expert players over again!

They just removed my bonus, NOW LOOK AT THIS EMAIL I JUST GOT!!!

"Dear Peter,

This is John M. from the Operations Department at Cassava (Gibraltar) Ltd. Cassava (Gibraltar) Ltd operates "Pacific Poker".

I am contacting you in regards to your Pacific Poker account.

Flushes are a great benefit that we at Pacific Poker are happy to present to our members. Winning pots with flushes is not targetted towards expert poker players but rather to help the average bad player occasionally beat the odds.

Please note that our site policy allows us to do anything we like. Since you are a very successful poker player (as can be seen from your total winnings), we have decided that you will no longer be able to benefit from flushes. If you make a flush, your hand will be counted as if you had not made that flush.

You will be able to benefit from flushes until the 20th of December 2004. From this point on, although you will continue to make flushes, they will not count towards winning the hand.

Please note that this by no means will hurt any of your other privileges as a successful player on our site - we congratulate you on all your winnings and we hope to see you continue to prosper in the poker community. Just not on our site.

Regards,

John M.

Operations Department
"
Old 12-10-2004, 08:12 PM

Default Re: Pacific screws expert players over again!

what's the flushes bonus. I played there 50 hours last month, mostly at 15-30, and I didn't notice or hear about or receive this bonus...
Old 12-10-2004, 08:14 PM

sucker
Old 12-10-2004, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what's the flushes bonus. I played there 50 hours last month, mostly at 15-30, and I didn't notice or hear about or receive this bonus...

[/ QUOTE ]

Tim: I think the post was made in jest Joe

Joe: Smells like satire to me Tim

Tim: That may just be the Keesh I'm cooking Joe.

Joe: [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 12-10-2004, 08:25 PM

This happened to me at Party with the royal sampler.
Old 12-10-2004, 08:31 PM

OH MY GOD!!!! They removed my bonus and I got this letter after the bonus removal. These guys are a bunch of pricks. I could deal with not being able to make a flush, although I still think that is an unfair rule too. But this one makes me probably not even wnat to play there anymore.

Read for yourself and let me know if you would even bother playing at Pacific anymore.

"Dear MY NAME,

This is John M. from the Operations Department at Cassava (Gibraltar) Ltd. Cassava (Gibraltar) Ltd operates "Pacific Poker".

I am contacting you in regards to your Pacific Poker account.

We have noticed by the amount of large cashouts you have made from our site that your are a successful winning poker player. In order to make things more fair for the majority of our customers you will now only be dealt one card instead of the standard two cards when playing Texas Hold em.

Being dealt 2 cards is a great benefit that we at Pacific Poker are happy to present to our members, but it is a privilege not a right, and expert players are subject to losing the "2 card privilege".

Please note that our site policy allows us to do anything we like. Since you are a very successful poker player (as can be seen from your total winnings), we have decided that you will no longer be able to benefit from being dealt two cards. If you still choose to play you will only have one hole card in your games of Texas Hold em from now on.

You will be able to benefit from the "2 card privilege" until the 20th of December 2004.

Please note that this by no means will hurt any of your other privileges as a successful player on our site - we congratulate you on all your winnings and we hope to see you continue to prosper in the poker community. Just not on our site.

Regards,

John M.

Operations Department"
Old 12-10-2004, 08:35 PM

Ouch, do they at least make it look like you're getting two cards, or do they just deal you one?

Next thing you know we'll have somebody report that they have to play five card stud at the seven stud tables and pay everyone else's antes
Old 12-10-2004, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ouch, do they at least make it look like you're getting two cards, or do they just deal you one?

Next thing you know we'll have somebody report that they have to play five card stud at the seven stud tables and pay everyone else's antes

[/ QUOTE ]

I won't know until Dec. 20 if it even looks like I get two cards or not since they are going to let me keep the "2 card privilege" until then.

I guess I will have to sign up under a different name if I want to keep playing there.
Old 12-10-2004, 08:48 PM

I think you are dealt two cards, and by the end of the hand, one of them is randomly taken away.
I made some calculations on the subject, and I highly recommend playing pocket pairs to beat the system.
Old 12-10-2004, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I highly recommend playing pocket pairs to beat the system.

[/ QUOTE ]

the man has done his homework!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]