Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2004, 04:34 PM

Default Playing It Weak, Part II

Do I have odds to call the river? Should I call the turn? The flop? Soooo confused this hand . . .

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter

Preflop: "Hero" is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">"Hero" raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">"Hero" raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (5.20 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, "Hero" calls.

River: (7.20 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, "Hero" folds.

Final Pot: 8.20 BB
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: 7.20 BB, won by BB.</font>
<font color="#009B00">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to BB.</font>
Old 12-10-2004, 05:04 PM

Default Re: Playing It Weak, Part II

it depends who you're playing. against a somewhat tight player you will lose majority of the time here, no need to call river. if the player is a total idiot I would probably call down.

blubster
Old 12-10-2004, 05:04 PM

Flop raise looks good.

On the Turn I think you have options. My first reaction is to raise the Turn, against a player who bets out like this he could easily be betting scared and might fold or certainly check the River. His SnG unfortunately, could be a stupid flush or, more likely, TP weak kicker or better. Given that you have a re-draw to the 2nd-nut, calling cannot be bad, a fold looks definitely wrong. Do you believe he has a K? No reads again here.

Folding the River? The pot is not giving you odds to call a bluff, and opponent's persistence looks like a baby flush, or more probably crappy 2-pair, he certainly does not have you on a flush now after your Turn call.

I think he bets out on the Turn as he is too afraid to CR his K6 into you on a 3-suited board after your flop "free-card play". I hate folding but I think you are beat here more than 1:9, but it is close. Your only hope is something like A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 or 3. His action does not suggest an aggressive or tricky player, so the Turn bet looks unlikely to be a bet-with-any-pair-plus-picked-up-a-draw.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:51 PM

Assuming BB is not a maniac....

I like your flop, turn and river decisions. Well played.

I will see a maniac stop and go on a board like this and a high % of the time it is a bluff, so I will call down all the way

Against a solid player, I will often fold on the turn after a flop raise when bet into(not in this case as you picked up a flush draw) and I think I play agressive.

I think your flop raise makes it an easy fold