Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2004, 02:13 PM

Default QQ Stop & Go & Stop

Your thoughts here...I felt lost, as I was out of position with two cold callers. The raise on the flop only confused me more.

UTG + 1: Vpip = 25% PFR = 4.5%
MP1: only 38 hands - seems decent, maybe a little passive

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>.

Flop: (7.66 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (6.83 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

River: (9.83 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks.

Final Pot: 9.83 BB

I usually feel that a flop raise indicates a good draw more often than not, so I think a reraise is in order. Not sure why I backed off here. I also think I have to bet the river and fold to a raise.

How bad was my play, and what do you put these two players on here?
Old 12-09-2004, 02:23 PM

Default Re: QQ Stop & Go & Stop

Well, they're both not awful and they cold-called a pre-flop raise from EP. For UTG I am thinking ATs, KTs, maybe pocket jacks or nines, or maybe just Ax of hearts. MP1 could have a wider range of hands but I think he is most likely to have top pair, a flush draw, or both. Seems unlikely that he'll have two pair on this board.

I would definitely bet the river.

NT
Old 12-09-2004, 02:51 PM

You are right, three-bet the flop! Put pressure on MP. Bet the river (I call a raise against unknown and most knowns). You like your hand a lot less than me.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:56 PM

definite flop 3bet. definite river value bet.
Old 12-09-2004, 06:18 PM

I think you guys are right...I missed two (and possibly four) small bets on the flop, and maybe another big bet on the river.

UTG +1 had A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
MP1 had 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2004, 06:34 PM

FWIW -- You are going to fold me with any more betting, whether on the flop or the river. I might cryingly call another bet with 66 on the flop -- hoping to pick up the set on the turn, but I know it to be a bad play and I think I should stop doing it. But I know a lot of these Party Poker guys just keep calling.
Old 12-09-2004, 07:44 PM

3-bet the flop, bet the turn, bet the river. You have a pretty big hand, play it that way.

SGS
Old 12-09-2004, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3-bet the flop, bet the turn, bet the river. You have a pretty big hand, play it that way.

SGS

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-10-2004, 10:38 AM

You need to 3-bet the flop there. Also, checking the river is absolutely awful. No 2-ways about it.
Old 12-10-2004, 11:03 AM

I don't know whether you were trying to apply the "stop and go" tactic here, but there is no such thing in limit poker (which may explain why you butchered this hand).