Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2004, 02:35 AM

Default Do you beat yourself up after this hand?

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $15.
UTG (poster) checks, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (17.66 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (12.83 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (18.83 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero folds, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 25.83 BB

Initial raiser has a VPIP$ of 40% PFR 6%. I have seen him get goofy before, although his PFR is " reasonable ".

No read on UTG.

Do you think this hand is badly played? These are the types of hands I lose sleep over.
Old 12-08-2004, 02:41 AM

Default Re: Do you beat yourself up after this hand?

no i think its fine. but yah i would have beat myself up over this hand regardless, cause your lines suck even tho i dont see any better ones.
Old 12-08-2004, 03:13 AM

it seems like MP2 put you on an overpair, and had aces, so he knew he had you beat, and wanted to you pay for it on the turn. As for UTG, i got no clue, and you have to fold after the three bet on the river.

MP2 doesn't have 1010 because he would have bet into you on the turn, hoping that one of you two had the flush and would check-raise.
Old 12-08-2004, 03:52 AM

Hand reading at Party Poker is an adventure.
I try and understand "what they were thinking?". Kind of like looking into the mind of a serial killer... scary, and not always fun to deal with.

In this particular hand I'm torn between protecting my hand on the flop/turn and wondering if I'm drawing live.

On the turn it looks grim.

Thing is if I have 3 or 4 of these hands in a night, I tend to give myself crap for playing badly. Would most consider this a standard line. Does anyone fold on the turn?

Does anyone call on the river?

Thanks for any input guys. I'm sure there are other players out there who deal with losing by being very harsh on themselves.I'm starting to wonder how productive this process is.

Going broke is not an option. Is this self criticism a waste of energy or a way to maintain a high level of play?

I'm not sure anymore.

results to follow.
Old 12-08-2004, 04:12 AM

I think you did all you could do to protect your hand, if it was the best hand. But I don't see calling anything on the river that isn't a Q profitable, but the size of the pot makes calling down not a terrible option.
Old 12-08-2004, 04:25 AM

So you would fold when check raised on the turn then LaGarde? You are only getting 14 to 1 on the turn call if you think only a Q will be good?

UTG player posted UTG. Would you want a guy who posts UTG playing with your money?