Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2004, 11:57 PM

Default 10/20 hand at Brantford Ontario

Looking especially for players who have played here before. They know the game. It's been incredibly loose. Earlier, I had my aces hold up against 7 players in all the way to the river.

I have AK in Early - Middle position and raise. Only one caller (late position) on the flop of K,8,9, rainbow.

Turn comes a 10. This is my first played hand and I have no reads. I bet, he raises.

So?

Muck sheepishly and say good read?
Call down?
Take off my skirt and three bet?
Old 12-08-2004, 01:26 AM

Default Re: 10/20 hand at Brantford Ontario

You could pay it off, a 3 bet would let you know exactly where you are. If he caps then you know you're in trouble.
Old 12-08-2004, 02:17 AM

these questions cannot be answered any other way in a thread without player descriptions than to simply say call down. how am i supposed to recommend you to fold here when it is quite clear to a cold caller that the best hand you could possibly have is an unlikely set and are willing to fold every hand other than this? you can only fold this against players who are surely not going to raise you with a weaker hand than AK. if i knew you would fold AK on this board id raise you every time, and id coldcall your pfrs with any 2.

something to think about.
Old 12-08-2004, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
these questions cannot be answered any other way in a thread without player descriptions than to simply say call down. how am i supposed to recommend you to fold here when it is quite clear to a cold caller that the best hand you could possibly have is an unlikely set and are willing to fold every hand other than this? you can only fold this against players who are surely not going to raise you with a weaker hand than AK. if i knew you would fold AK on this board id raise you every time, and id coldcall your pfrs with any 2.

something to think about.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a paradox. How will you know what he folded unless you see his hand, which you won't see unless he calls, but if he calls you won't raise worse hands...
Old 12-08-2004, 02:34 AM

uh... i have no idea what youre talking about. if youre arguing for a raise here then i disagree but my post does not pertain to this situation, otherwise i have no idea what youre telling me. i am simply stating that you cant tell someone to fold a hand HU in a mind game situation without player descriptions.
Old 12-08-2004, 02:27 PM

I play in this game often, this spot is extremely player dependant, there's a few regulars I would lay this down to, and a few regulars I would 3 bet.

For the average joe I don't know, I'd look him up.
Old 12-08-2004, 03:51 PM

If at the beginning of a session, I might call down for information...you want to know how he would play a draw, or if he's capable of semi-stealing the turn.