Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2004, 01:53 AM

Location: Pittsburgh Pa (North Suburb called Cranberry Township)
Default AKo in Big Blind, vs limp capper

38 hands against limp capper, (although this was only his second time around at the time and although I saw him in a bunch of hands right away, I didn't have anything definitive). 65% VPIP, 13% PRF, 1.02 PFA. As important, the sb is 19.2 pf, 3.5 pfr, 3.55 pfa 52 hands. His % from sb was 40% - but it was 5 times around and he was in 2 out of 5 so it could be just cooincidence.

Questions:
1.) AKo to tight, tight raiser in sb - what is the standard play with AKo in this situation - just call?
2.)Limp Capper - Fear Aces or Kings or would he slow down to pop me on fourth (with limited information at the time).
3.) CR 4th? The limp cap and capped flop had me flustered and afraid that I was looking at aces or kings (mubs?). what is the proper line here? cr turn, call a reraise and call the river? check call and bet the river - call a raise? check call, check call?

Thanks,
Kevin

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (14 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (13 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 15 BB, between Hero and MP3.</font>