Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2004, 05:35 PM

Default 2 x KTs

The action in both of these hands develops in an unexpected way so I ended up playing these hands differently than I planned to.

1:

No read on the limp/re-raiser. Button is TP-P.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, BB calls.

Flop: (15.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, BB folds, MP1 calls.

River: (11.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 11.75 BB

2:

Pre-flop raiser is TP-A (only 37 hands though).

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, Button calls, Hero calls, BB folds.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, Button folds.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB
Old 12-06-2004, 06:42 PM

Default Re: 2 x KTs

The first one looks ok, I would have bet the flop in number two though, if I didnt, then I 3bet when I comes back to me like it did. Your riverbet is weird, mildly, considering your passive play on the other streets.
Old 12-06-2004, 06:56 PM

Hand 1:
Reading this hand gave me a headache, do people really play this way??

First off you make a note for UTG that says "likes to limp re raise UTG with 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

I would limp here preflop then fold the flop

Hand 2: when you say TP-A do you mean Tight player - aggressive?

Preflop call is OK I think with 2 cold callers behind PFR, but your hand is way to weak to take the line you did post flop imo, I can't see you being ahead here mainly because you played the hand so passively, hard to tell where you stand.

I can't think of a good line for hand 2 with these players right now, I fold this PF most the time tho.
Old 12-06-2004, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when you say TP-A do you mean Tight player - aggressive?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tight-Passive preflop, Aggressive Postflop.
Old 12-06-2004, 08:37 PM

1: fine

2: Bet the flop and go for an SNG if raised.

I think if you were trying to use the way ahead/way behind line in this situation it would be much better if you were heads up. I don't like the possiblity of a free card play 3-way, and the button might be drawing with some small OESD or hoping for a 2-pair or MP1 might have an overpair or overcards looking to pair up. 3 bet the flop has the best chance of getting it HU and then decide where to go from there.

This board isn't very draw heavy so I'm sort of concerned you'd be up against overpair or AT, but I want to isolate the raiser and maximize my chances of winning this pot first.
Old 12-07-2004, 01:55 AM

1:

Someone mentioned the flop call. I'm getting 1 to 18.5 closing the action with two backdoor draws and some pair outs that might be good. Anyone else disagree with this call?

I had no idea where I was at on the turn but I bet out to see how button reacts and to prevent him from taking a free card.

MP1 shows A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and MHIG.

2:

My intention was to check/raise MP1 but with all the action I decided just to call and see what developed on the turn. I didn't think 3-betting would make anyone fold.

Betting out on the turn would probably have been best but it really looked like MP1 had me beat and button didn't look like he was going to fold either.

I bet out on the river thinking that MP1 is unlikely to raise me if has the overpair or AT but would probably check with a weaker hand. So I'm betting out to make sure he won't take a free showdown if I'm ahead.

MP1 shows 88 and MHIG.