Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2004, 12:35 PM

Default 65s in late position at Canterbury 4-8 HE

I'm near the button with 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Eary position raises, two cold callers to me, I call, one of the blinds calls.

Flop comes Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

The blind bets, EP raises, one cold-caller, I 3-bet, the blind 4-bets, EP calls, original cold-caller folds, I cap, blind calls, EP calls.

Turn is the J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Checks to me, I bet, they both call.

River is the J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Checks to me, I check.
Old 12-06-2004, 12:41 PM

Default Re: 65s in late position at Canterbury 4-8 HE

I don't like the check behind, especially because of my experiences with the Canterbury 4/8 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I think the blind probably has a random two pair (76, Q7) and EP has a QK type hand he can't get rid of. QJ was a likely holding by EP on the flop but given the fact that you just got called on the turn I don't see how he could have it (I have seen stranger things though). I guess if he really gives you credit for a set then he might just call there on the turn, but I really don't see the competition at the CB 4/8 being that thinking (Maybe it was just me but I saw some RETARDED stuff when I was playing there).

I bet this river.
Old 12-06-2004, 12:44 PM

I don't like the preflop call at all. I'd hate getting raised on this river, but I think I bet it.

Rob
Old 12-06-2004, 12:45 PM

Bet and call one on the river?

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2004, 01:09 PM

Very gross hand.

Preflop I would fold this hand because calling 2bets here destroys your implied odds. If there were one more caller I would feel a lot better about calling 2cold here.

Flop: I think the flop is fine so long as your opps are super loose and take their hands too far. If you were up against a couple rocks there is a very real possibility you are drawing dead. Still, against most low limit players it is profitable to ram and jam here.

Turn: Perfectly played.

River: Disgusting miss of a bet. Unless an EP player was obviously gonna check raise this is an easy value bet.
Old 12-06-2004, 03:27 PM

Default Results:

My hand is good. EP had KK, blind doesn't show. I would agree with most of the comments.

Pre-flop it is a fold. I'm just not going to win with this hand enough to justify calling an EP raiser unless he raises alot of hands that aren't big pairs. I called because I had position, a couple other callers to lessen my -EV, and the hand was going to be fairly fun to play [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I think my flop and turn play is fine. My lack of a river bet was horrible. It very likely cost me 2 BB. I was thinking that there was a pretty good chance that the blind had a set, but I need to bet. Bad play.

What is interesting is that the part that generated alot of controversy at the table was my flop play, which I thought was fine. There doesn't seem to be much understanding that it is possible for a pair and a flush draw to be favorite over the over-pair in this situation. I don't know what the blind had, but I would assume AQ, Q6, Q7, or 76 (or he's foolish). I'm getting much the best of it with AQ, and in a very marginal losing spot with the other hands (I'm getting 2-1 on my money and will win just under a third of the time). Capping the flop in those cases isn't terrible simply because I might be able to get a free turn if I miss. However, the KK is screwed if the blind has two pair. He has to have me miss, and hit a King or have the board pair and miss both of us. He is likely to be a large money dog in this hand, but no one typically realizes it in these games.