Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2004, 03:32 AM

Default Bad Beat Contest......

After reading about so many bad beats, I would like to propose a fun little contest. Who can come up with the worst bad beat story. (Don't bother commenting on whether someone played a hand correctly) I'll start us off with something that happened to me today.

I'm sitting at a NL table with two other players who have slightly larger stacks than me. I'm dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the BB. Button makes it 2xBB and other guy re-raises. I come over the top of him. BB re-raises, SB calls, I re-raise all in. Both players call.
Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (both check)
Turn: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (both check)
River: J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (SB all in, BB calls)
Result: they both had Q 10 and split the pot.
Old 12-06-2004, 03:42 AM

Default Re: Bad Beat Contest......

This thread is going to be awesome!

I once had 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in NL Texas Hold'em. I raised preflop and the BB called.

The flop was J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

He bet and I just knew he had nothing so I went all in! He called, and I was right, he had nothing! He only had K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

The turn was the 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and the river was the T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. He got runner runner to beat me! Can you believe it?!? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2004, 03:48 AM

Let me tell u a non bad beat i got it was scary pre flop i 200nl game i raised 8 pre flop i had pocket 9's flop comes out 678 of spades i have 9 of spades. ok i check to see what he will do now dont say this bad move cuz all night this player has been telling exactly what hand he has after flop he chekcs next card out a 9 he checks i and i bet 9 after 15 he calls next card comes out 9 he fast checks i move all in and he calls me with his 5 4 of spades to beat me with a straight flush. lol cute but not funny
Old 12-06-2004, 03:50 AM

In the movie "Pirates of the Caribbean", the pretty guy from 21 Jump St. and the pretty guy from The Lord of The Rings have a sword fight in a blacksmith's shop. They jump on stuff, and then they're up in the rafters, and then it seems like the blond guy is going to win, so the guy who used to date Kate Moss hits the elf-dude with some sawdust and pulls a gun and the fight is pretty much over but the elf says "you cheated" and 21 jump street says "Pirate" (very knowingly) and then Gimli hits Gilbert Grape with a wine jug and he is apt to be hanged.

I guess they both got bad beats that day.
Old 12-06-2004, 03:52 AM

One time I had aces and they lost.
Old 12-06-2004, 03:55 AM

One time I had K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and the flop was A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and me and this other guy go 2million bets and then he flips up 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

He said he thought the 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] was a 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

Haha I'm rich biitch.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:32 AM

25nl.
I have aks in bb.
4 limpers to me including UTG who is very irratic.
I raise to $3. UTG reraises to $5.5 total.
It's folded back to me and I call.

Flop: A88 rainbow.

<font color="red"> I really liked this flop because the only hands that beat me are pocket aces or an 8. If he had either of these hands I would probably end up paying him off anyway. </font>

I bet out $7. UTG raises to $14. I push the rest of my chips which was about $5 more. UTG covers me and calls.

Turn: Q
River: T (no flush possible).

I show AK for two pair aces and eights AA88K (dead man's hand).
UTG shows KJ for a straight AKQJT.

I am still laughing and crying about this one and it happened last August.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:41 AM

If you all just started playing higher limits there are no fish to bad beat you with their 95o and other ridiculous hands.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In the movie "Pirates of the Caribbean", the pretty guy from 21 Jump St. and the pretty guy from The Lord of The Rings have a sword fight in a blacksmith's shop. They jump on stuff, and then they're up in the rafters, and then it seems like the blond guy is going to win, so the guy who used to date Kate Moss hits the elf-dude with some sawdust and pulls a gun and the fight is pretty much over but the elf says "you cheated" and 21 jump street says "Pirate" (very knowingly) and then Gimli hits Gilbert Grape with a wine jug and he is apt to be hanged.

I guess they both got bad beats that day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keira Knightley is hot
Old 12-06-2004, 04:50 AM

This is THE ULTIMATE BEAT.

It was in a small live tournament at hawiian gardens.

Hero: Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Villian: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

FLOP Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero checks, villian moves in (WTF), hero calls with queens full.

TURN: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

RIVER: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Villan knocks hero out of tournament with Quad 5's with an Ace kicker.