Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2004, 02:02 AM

Default Michael Moore and his influence on the American people.

Being a Canadian, Michael Moore was brought to my attention last year during my 1st period Media Arts class. My homeroom teacher was infatuated with Michael and loved his video documentary "Bowling For Columbine" which happend to make me vomit due to the amount of BS that was stated in that film. I must've had a few dozen arguments with my teacher on the subject of Bush, war, and Michael Moore. It seemed that everytime I disagreed with my teacher or fellow students about Michaels "misinterpreted facts" I was shut down and ignored with no explenation on why other then the fact that I wasn't being brainwashed and coned into believing a pile of crap. Since that first documentary film I couldn't stand Michael Moore and I couldn't believe the amount of people that seem to love the man. I just watched Fahrenheit 9/11 a few days ago and it to made me upset with the bs and none factual bias opinions of Bush. How does a man have this much influence over so many people? How come so many Americans don't realize most of Michaels points have already been proven to be crap. What would be the reason so many people still happen to watch his films and support the man? It seems like he's brainwashing several Americans into believing crap.

Anyone else have opinions on this man or any of his films that you wish to share?
Old 12-06-2004, 02:15 AM

Default Re: Michael Moore and his influence on the American people.

You've stopped taking your medications haven't you ??

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] busguy
Old 12-06-2004, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Being a Canadian, Michael Moore was brought to my attention last year during my 1st period Media Arts class. My homeroom teacher was infatuated with Michael and loved his video documentary "Bowling For Columbine" which happend to make me vomit due to the amount of BS that was stated in that film. I must've had a few dozen arguments with my teacher on the subject of Bush, war, and Michael Moore. It seemed that everytime I disagreed with my teacher or fellow students about Michaels "misinterpreted facts" I was shut down and ignored with no explenation on why other then the fact that I wasn't being brainwashed and coned into believing a pile of crap. Since that first documentary film I couldn't stand Michael Moore and I couldn't believe the amount of people that seem to love the man. I just watched Fahrenheit 9/11 a few days ago and it to made me upset with the bs and none factual bias opinions of Bush. How does a man have this much influence over so many people? How come so many Americans don't realize most of Michaels points have already been proven to be crap. What would be the reason so many people still happen to watch his films and support the man? It seems like he's brainwashing several Americans into believing crap.

Anyone else have opinions on this man or any of his films that you wish to share?
I loath Moore. Me and some friends had t-shirts made that said "Michael Moore Gives me gas". I would rather have a dog fart in my face than listen to his incoherent ramblings.
Old 12-06-2004, 02:41 AM

"How come so many Americans don't realize most of Michaels points have already been proven to be crap."

Probably for the same or similar reasons that so many Americans don't realize most of, say, Bush's points have already been proven to be crap. The Big Lie, or the Big Distortion, often works.
Old 12-06-2004, 02:59 AM

Exactly. I don't have any problem with people hating Michael Moore, but if that same person is a Bush supporter, I usually just laugh and ignore them.
Old 12-06-2004, 03:01 AM

I am willing to bet Moore is more popular in Canada then the U.S.
Old 12-06-2004, 03:11 AM

Michael Moore probably decided the outcome of the election. So many people loathe him, it gave extra motivation to go out and vote AGAINST the brainwashed. I am no Bush supporter, but I took great joy in watching the Moore-ites suffer in the outcome.
Old 12-06-2004, 06:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
, but I took great joy in watching the Moore-ites suffer in the outcome.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a poor little man
Old 12-06-2004, 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So many people loathe him, it gave extra motivation to go out and vote AGAINST the brainwashed.

[/ QUOTE ]
In my experience of talking to people about Farenheit 911, many more people were persuaded by the film to vote against Bush than were motivated to vote for him.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In my experience of talking to people about Farenheit 911, many more people were persuaded by the film to vote against Bush than were motivated to vote for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's people who actually saw the movie [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]